Monday 10 October 2011

coming off my shelf

it's sad to say this, but I don't have a lot of room left on my YA book shelf... well, really both of them, but it's the YA one that really counts because it's a lounge room book shelf and being that my kids have sticky fingers (not so much anymore, but they are mine, and your kids like what's yours best) and so I have to keep my YA shelf nice and pack. 

saying this, I also don't like books to sit on my shelf and just... well, sit. I don't like to keep books that I never read and are never going to read again. Even books that I loved for so long, if I haven't read them all that much I generally what them off the shelf. I won’t the books to be read by others, you know, I'm not a waste and since I spent good money on them, they should be read.

that being said, there are still some books that I'm reluctant to get rid of, and others that have nowhere else to go, and even though I like the thought of my local library having a better selection of books, the ones that I'm give up are to popular for the library not to have.

so that being said, again, I know. I have what I won’t gone.

first, and this is one that will be going straight to two teenage girls I know is...

Entwined by Heather Dixon 

Azalea is trapped. Just when she should feel that everything is before her . . . beautiful gowns, dashing suitors, balls filled with dancing . . . it's taken away. All of it.
The Keeper understands. He's trapped, too, held for centuries within the walls of the palace. And so he extends an invitation.
Every night, Azalea and her eleven sisters may step through the enchanted passage in their room to dance in his silver forest.
But there is a cost.
The Keeper likes to keep things.
Azalea may not realize how tangled she is in his web until it is too late.


so this book was my third hard cover (I'm weird and actually prefer paperbacks, I also like how there spins get broken when you read them, shows all who want to look what ones are loved - it's not something everyone likes). 

okay, so for obvious reason's I want to get rid of these two next books, though saying this I will be reading the next one, maybe, and if that happens I would think having these ones here would work better, still I'm not a fan and just thinking about reading them again makes me wont to cringe. 

Personal Demons & Original Sin by Lisa Desrochers


If you had to choose between Heaven and Hell, which would it be? ...are you sure about that?
 

Is anone above temptaion?






I would say for these ones, read my review, but honestly I want to get rid of them for a reason and, well, my review may get you to not want them. So I say this, go find someone who did a better job, and who most likely liked the books to have a read. still they are both paperbacks, and relitively unused - I have read them once threw, but the spines are cracked.

these ones are another set of books that have been sitting on my shelf for awhile now, and even though I have read one of the two books (which is actually two books). they are both paperbacks, book 1 has a little cover damage, but other than that, it has only been read threw once (no real spin damage).

the Fallen 1 & 2 by Thomas E. Sniegoski 



the Ultimate Quest for Redemption

Destined for Heaven or Hell?






These are books 1-4 in the Fallen series (the fallen, leviathan, aerie, reckoning) the last on came out Sept 2011, and is number 3.
So they are about a guy who is a half-human/half-angel (you know, the offspring of the angels?) and well, he's all powerful and can get all the fallen back to heaven, or at least that's what I got from the first two books. They are very boy like, focusing more on the goo and gore than anything else, and they are brilliantly written. Honestly it’s more of a ‘I just didn’t pick them up’ than anything else to do with the books, and since they have been sitting there for so long... well, it’s not like I will get around to it, or more so I don’t feel as if I will.

so that's it for my YA shelf, so far...

oh, no, not yet. there's also...

Circue du Freak: the VAmpire's Assistant by Darren Shan (name from my addition)

(cirrque du freak, the vampire's assistant, tunnels of blood)


Darren Shan is an ordinary boy, until he and his best friend Steve visit the weird and bizarre Cirque Du Freak, where they come face to face with a creature of the night. then Darren has to confront his deepest fears and sacrifice everything as he enters a darker world to become the vampire's assistant...




I'm just never going to read these books, well, like I have read one of them, but I don't feel as if I will ever be able to read another, sorry, since they are actually fun books to read, but, well, it's not really my thing.

Anyway, so there you have the books that are still there but are looking as the next ones to go off that shelf. you won’t any, just tell me and you can have them (hopefully), depending on where you are, shipping is a bitch and I'm not going to pay for a new one just so it's easy, you will get what's off my shelf. 

   That’s it, 
Thanks for your time

No comments:

Post a Comment