Thursday 1 December 2011

Let’s have some fun....


And talk about me! more interesting, about my OCD tendencies, and obsessive ways with my books, both the ones I buy and the ones that I write.

I thought of doing this because of something on... shit, I can't remember it was a while back and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it. so....

This is going to show you the inner weirdness of my mind. So I warn you before you dive in that I’m not the sainest of people. And yet, weirdly enough I think me actually sainer than most. But don’t all us crazied think that?

Okay, we start with my shelves, and the books that I buy....

This isn’t any weirder I think than anyone else does (yeah, I’m crossing my fingers like a bitch whose hoping the pregnancy test comes back negative)

First of all I have two shelves, this you already know (if you have been reading for a couple of month) I have a YA shelf and an adult’s shelf (see normal)


Nothing weird about that, is there? No, not at all. Its’ not until you get into my computer that you see where it all comes together.

I have two files for my books. The first is a list of all the books that I have bought in alphabetical order... which is perfectly fine, right, we all need to know what we already have or who’s to say we won’t get something twice.

Jennifer Armintrout
A vampire’s Penance,
A
Ilsa J. Bick
Ashes,
YA
Libba Bray
Beauty Queen,
YA
Kristin Cashore
(seven kingdom tri) Graceling, Fire, Bitterblue
YA
Rachel Caine
(Morganville Vampire series) Glass Houses, the Dead Girls dance, ...
YA
P. C. & Kristin Cast
(House of Night series) Marked, Betrayed, Chosen, Untamed, Hunted, Tempted, Burned, Awaken, Destined, Neferet’s Curse,
YA
Cassandra Clare
(Mortal Instrument series) City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass, City of Fallen Angels, City of Lost Souls, City of Heavenly Fire,
YA
Stephanie Chong
Where Demons fear to tread,
A
Kresley Cole
(immortal after dark series)
A hunger like no other, No rest for the wicked, wicked deeds in a winter’s night, dark needs at night’s edge, dark desire after dusk, kiss of a demon king, pleasure of a dark prince, demon from the dark, dreams of a dark warrior, Lothaire,
A
Andrea Cremer
(night Shade) Nightshade, Wolfsbane, Bloodrose,
YA
Jordan Dane
In the Arms of Stone Angels,
YA

And so on, really, I have 3 pages... this is the man one, I have an OLD SCHOOL one and SMUT which is all the romances that don’t stay on my shelf. I also have a list of the books that I have taken off my shelf and the ones that never made it there, you know, library books, borrowed, that sort of crap. Got to keep a record so you know what you’ve read and don’t read it again. right?

This is an easy system to follow: the names are alphabeticalised by their last names. Series, the books I have, the book that are next to come—they haven’t out, or having hit Australian shelves yet. Waiting on in different style, or size, the ones I’m never going to get. Then, like you can see, the age range they fit into. Easy.

Then I have another file. It’s Reviews & Information.....


Young Adult
Adult

1
Seven Kingdom tri (2)
Heart of Darkness
1
2
House of Night (8)
Kiss of Midnight*
2
3
immortal
Midnight Daughter*
3
4
The Mortal Instrument (3)
Anita Blake, Vampire hunter (19)
4
5
Vampire Beach (3/6)
Sookie Stackhouse (10-1)
5
6
Hush, hush *
Shadow of a vampire
6
7
Evernight (4) *
Dark-Hunter (18)
7
8
Fallen*
Blood Trinity
8
9
Infinity
Century Werewolf (3-1)
9
10
Moorehawke tri (3)
Greywalker
10
11
Wicked Lovely (5)*
Wings of Night (4/7)
11
12
Twilight (4)*
Lords of the Underworld (4-1-5)
12
13
Vampire Academy (4)
Sins of the Heart
13
14
Harry Potter (7)
Black Dagger Brotherhood (8)
14
15
Immortal (series) *
Bullet *
15
16
Intertwined*
Lover Unleashed
16
17
Night World (3/9-1)
The Darkest Secret (21/4)
17

Again this is a so on, and so on, being that I’m up to 40 on the YA side and 59 on the Adult side, the numbers are so when we get into the actual review part of my doings and into the individual reviews I have written the numbers let’s me see where I actually read them and the dates (those this was down well before I have my new system of reviewing so it’s a little bit of a mute, but it also lets me see where I am—not really, like I said, it was a before thing I just haven’t stopped.)

So, little info, above the darker orange line, all the numbers that are bracketed are the number of books in the series that I have read. Under the line it’s the date in which I read them. Easy to follow. The blue is the books that have been reviewed on my blog, so I can keep track of my back tracking. And the star is the books I no longer have on my shelf due to whatever reason.

Under this is the books that I haven’t read yet...
Hayes: Shadowglass
Larsson: girl with the dragon tattoo
Shiegoski: the Fallen 2
Richardson: Poltergiest & Vanished
Millar: Lonely werewolf girl & cures of...her
Hamilton: Blood Noir
Kenyon: One Silent night & Dream-hunter  Showalter: seduce the Darkness
Donald: Haunted Heart










This one has them all in it, and you see how they are the colour of the reviewed on blog books? Well that’s so I can just cut and paste—we don’t want to waste time now, do we? This list is nearly a page long at the moment, and has the book name and the authors last name, so I know what’s actually what (some books have the same name but are completely different).

Under this...
!2011
2011
2012
2013
2014
153





Jan
Feb
Mar
April
May
June
July
Aug
 Sept
Oct
Nov
Dec



9
6
9
4
8
7
11
12


Yeah, I don’t read all that much, and this is actually a new feature of mine, I can’t remember why I decided I wanted to do it, but now that I have... actually I think it was more so do with how much money I spend on books, and all that crap and being that I was counting I thought I might as well have something to show for it. So yeah. The top, if you can’t understand, is how many I read in the year, the first one up there is everything I have read, and still I think I’m missing a lot, many, I counted off the top thing in this file. The second line, is how many I read in the month, and to be honest I’m actually a little surprised with how many I have read. Sad, but oh, so true.
(*above, procrastination in its seen form*)

Under this is my review platelet, so that they are all the same and have the same information....
Quote
(00) (read: 00/aaa/00)
      Heading

    Prod dets
...series, book
Pub:
Author:
Cat:
Format: paperback (mid); 00 pp w/ 00 chapters
Whose:
Age Range:

            Synopsis
...

     my Thoughts (review)
...

Series
...
☼☼☼

Excerpt
...

And that’s it. For that file.

Then I have my review file, which is set out a lot differently than before, mostly because when I started (and this was well before I started blogging, so the whole doing review things was not new to me. only the outlay). Now, each author has their own page (or whatever it’s actually called) with all the books they have written on them. And they are filed in the file with the last name first so that they are in order.

                - [1] the ones left behind
- [2] in the box
- A, Short story books
- Armintrout, Jennifer
- Bick, Ilsa J
- Bray, Libba
- Caine, Rachel

You get the picture....? If not, then you are never going to get me. Just so you know.

I’m so interesting this way. The sad thing is that I like everything to match up on my book shelf. I hate when they have large books after I have the collection of middle size and small. I know when something missing off my shelf, even the ones that just sit in a pile.

This is the reason that I haven’t gotten City of Fallen Angels because it’s still in the large form—and thanks to the Australian public, and the fact that apparently we like large books with large print, like where all a bunch of old ladies who don’t want to wear our reading glasses (sorry if you’re the type that likes that larger print, it’s really annoying to me. I like my paperback to be that middle size—I can deal with both large and small, but prefer. I also like paperbacks to hardcovers, there’s just something about a hardback that makes you not want to ruin the spin. Who the hell cares about paperback, honestly, I think it’s better when they are damaged than clean, sorta shows how much you like the books, its also an easy way to find out which ones you have read when you have a heap of books but not that great a light, (happens when I want to read a new Immortal After Dark series, there’s so many there and I haven’t read them all)

Anyway, so that’s what it’s like inside my mind when I’m doing something that’s about the books that I have bought. I’m thinking because this one is so long that I won’t go on about the books I write but it’s similar, because I actually like the layout of the ones I bought.

Stuff it, I’ll show you. Least this way we have it all...

The list is first, it’s own...

Storm Wilde, Soul Stealer series
Killing Time, Buzz Kill,
YAt
Para/roma/dystopian
Wraths of the Underworld
Limbo, b2, b3, b4, b5, b6, b7, (b8?)
A
--
[name pending]
{single}
YA

Wolf-Fights
{single}
YAt
Horror
Bloody Lust
{single}
A
Fantasy
Human Monsters
Let them Hunt, Let them Run,
A
Crime/horr
Old Magic
{single}
YA
Fantasy
Stolen Witch’s series
6 stories, 3 books
MG

Dead World tri
Rustling Branches, Frozen World, Whistling Ice
A
Par/rom/fan
Tales of Phoebe, undeader
Nothing for Nothing,  *
A
Par/rom/cri
Chronicles of Willow Moore
Becoming Me,
YAt
Par fiction
TragicTeen collection
Life Just Sucks that Way, Don’t Forget, Hush It, book, Face in the Mirror,
YA
Comp
Novellas
comp.
Banning Me,
--
novella
Undeaders
Hidden Prophecy, Delicate Secrets,
YA
?
Vampire Tri
Eternally, Love. Everlasting, Love. Quixotic, Love.
A
Erotica

This one is a little different from the last mostly because, well, it’s not as simple, is it? first we have the names of the series that we will find them in (this is actually the bottom of my list, the top has teen-hunt, this world that world, the big series) the blue is the proposals I have put on my blog already, just so I know without having to work hard at finding out. The second column is the books in each place, if there is one. The purple are the ones in world the black one are the ones I have finished. It also have the age range I want them in so that I don’t fuck that up, and where I want them to end up, though like the names this will most likely change.

The little ‘t’ where the YA sits are the ones that I want to be transition novel, or that’s what I want it to be, and honestly I think it’s probably going to by my area. I seem to do better (own opinion) when I can swear and talk adult stuff but there isn’t any actual sex, lots of tension, but I’m not so sure I can do that one. We’ll see, I guess.

Under this is a list of the short storied that I have written, or more so the ones that I have blogged—not that there are any I have left that weren’t blogged (well, not true, but you and I’m not ready to put what I have left on the blog, maybe in the next couple of years, but, well, they...yeah. so....


A chained vampire

A
Para, roma
old short
Bloody Lust

A


Hunted

YA
Horror
Old/half
Blood flow
Smaller stones
A
PR
Old
Labour pains
Smaller stones
A
PR
Old
Mating Season
Smaller stones
A
PR

Bitch Blog
Storm Wilde, soul
YAt

Due Dec ?
Raised in Hell

YAt


Seeking Eden









Under that is what you have in Planning 2012-2013. The list of books that I need to finishes in the next couple of years.

I have, in this same file. A Behind the scenes, the books and what I was thinking and why I was writing them. All that crap. But they have kinda turned into the proposals I have written for you all, so it’s became something of nothing, but the ones I have already started are much more detailed.

I have the file of Blogs, which is everything about the my blog and all that crap. I also have a finished file, but that hasn’t anything in it yet, and wont until I’m up to a point where I will be publishing the thing. And I also have Need Printing, which is self explanatory.

The main part of my USB (which holds everything): there’s, A EYE ONLY, KNOWLEDGE LEARNT, SERIES, SINGLE STORIES, TALES FOR MY KIDS, TRILOGY OR COLLECTIONS.

That’s it, really, and everything fits all in there. Not that I’m in the habit of making of starting anymore novels, if I get new Ideas they become short stories. Because I can’t, no won’t, put my effort into another big thing at the moment.

Anyway, that’s it, thanks for sticking it out with me. I know it wasn’t all that interesting, I don’t believe that I’m wired and yet I hope I am. How boring would my life be if I wasn’t...?

This is it.
Thanks again.
Later

No comments:

Post a Comment