Friday 23 December 2011

Why I love ONE PIECE! #1


This is odd but I made a decision when I started doing the big reviews that I wasn’t actually going to fully review mangas because you would basically have a whole lot of....

OMG they are so awesome, really!!!! You’re a dick if you don’t read them Now!!!
Honestly they are the best, read it. Now!!!!
Ahhhhhh, this is the greatest, honestly, the best so far!!!

And so on and so on, kinda to a point that you'll never actually read my post because they are nothing but me telling you that I love'em, and you have to have guessed that I do by now, right? 

so instead I'm going to do this post ever 25 books, or so. this is were I tell you all about my deep seeded love for draw characters and how much of a love struck idiot I am. though the good news is that when we get to the 60 something books, when they come ever two months or something it will be longer between these post, so that's good.

anyway, let the fun begin.....

Okay, so, um.... I'm really crap at this, mostly because the only thing in my head is me telling you over and over again that you’re a dick if you don't read these books, that if there was ever a manga for you to pick up this is the one that should be. but it's not really productive in the whole, me telling you about it, and why I love it so much.

my sister is much better at explaining, so I'm going to think hard and try and focus on her, and maybe I'll be able to project her thoughts, because they are so much better than mine.

Oda make you feel for the characters you need to, the main ones, the ones the Straw Hat crew and going to save at that time. And yet, because of the crew it never gets to heavy, never to emotional, there is always light in it, even if that light is mostly at the rest of the crew telling Luffy off. It’s fun and yet heartfelt and makes you need to pick up the next one and find out what happened, why they are like that. 

truly it's an incredible story line, one that lets you feel as if your sitting in the book with the characters and having a laugh when they are, eating when they are.

there are parts in the story that you like more than other (my example comes from the picture above--this is from vol 23, them saying goodbye to Vivi so that she doesn't get in trouble from the navy who are watching them. it's what I mean about the story line getting to you)

There are other times that make you piss yourself laughing, to a point that everyone around you looks at you funny because of it. Even when you’re explaining it, only someone who’s read the books themselves can really understand the humour in what you’re talking it. seriously, the one I have fresh in my mind is in Vol 21 when Sanji is fighting Mr. 2 Bon Clay-- since the man can turn into anyone, that's his power from the devil fruit (honestly all of the times he's in it are funny, but) while they are fighting he turn into Nami because Sanji won’t hit him then. But Sanji learns that when he does his Karate thing he wipes his face clean and so Sanji can hit him again. It’s also how he eventually wins....


Hey, what’s that... on your left cheek?
Huh? Where? Oops.


Because Bon Clay whips his face clean (or more so to its original face) with his left hand. Funny as hell, and you see, you’re not really getting it. 

So instead I’m going to do this, every 25 volumes I’ll have a little reflect of the characters, and just the greatness of the read. So instead of it all being spilled over and you guys starting to get bored posting after posting I’ll clear it all up for you in this. 
there just enough meaningful shit to get you hooked into the storyline and it doesn't let up not matter what's happening, but there's also more than enough humour and laughter and just plain old fashioned fun that it makes reading enjoyable and entertaining, and you never want it to end, you never want to stop reading it. 

Really it takes a lot for me to not get the next five when I finish these ones by the first night in. 
 
The characters are just the same, just as good....

let's start with Monkey D. Luffy, the captain (Straw Hat)
for everything that's him, in the manga series click here...

he's an awesome character, really, he dumb as shit and funny as hell, especally when he comes across another person who's eaten the devil friut. he loves what they can do even when they are trying to scare him. 

his recovery after a fight is to eat, and eat, and eat until he's as big as a bell, it looks really funny. um... he's just great and no matter who you are, or who else is your favourite Luffy is still on top of the list, even if you don't think so at the time. you can't help but love him!
 
next is Roronoa Zolo, the Swordman, (pirate hunter)
to find out everything there is click here...

I'm a fan of Zolo, have been since he lost to...uh, hell, I forgot, but I've loved him when he lay near dead on there boat after they lost and he put his soward up and asked Luffy is he was disapointed that he lost. and then told him he it would never happen again. that's where my love came from.

I also like how he is. all cool and collected, or sleeping. and ready to fight anyone anywhere. I really like the way he and Sanji get along, but I'll explain more when the time comes.

then we have Nami, she's the navigator of there crew. (Thief)
to find out more click here....

she's great, the one that keeps in a line, not that she's to sure what that line is. she may not be the bravest but she's there when they need her.

then we have Usopp, Sniper, and liar.
for more info click it here....

I love Usopp, he isn't one of my favourites but he's a great laugh especally in the back ground when people are telling the story for what happened (he's is always much more fun to read). he makes his own bullets to shot at people, my favourite is the peper sause. and he's the only one that seems to be able to make anything.

I also really like his crew, back on his island when we first meet him. there names are...um, Carrot, Onion and. um... shit I forgot, but I loved how they believed in him and that they would run away whenever he would, being that Usopp isn't at all brave. 

 next I think is Sanji, the cook.
for more info, click here...

Sanji is your very own love sick dope that seems to fall in love with any pretty lady. Actually it could be any lade, I haven't quite figured out if he needs them to be good looking or not. Still, he cooks anything and everything they give him to cook, and he had a kick like a mule. 
 
I really like how he came to be a pirate, his story was my favourite, it was also cool how he accepted Luffy's offer, it was funny as hell. 

I absolutely love it when Zolo and he get together, since they always seem to argue and challenge each other. it's like they are too much alike to ever get along, and yet if Luffy or any of the others are in trouble they will team up and fight together to win. Just to go back arguing again. 

um, hows next.... yeah! Tony Tony Chopper, Doctor
click here for more info. 

He may not be the smartest fish in the barrel, but hey, he's a reindeer that ate the devil fruit that turned him human. He learnt to be a doctor and created a pill that can give him 7 transformation, instead of the normal 3. I love chopper, he's so cute, and I really liked it when he came onto the ship, how Luffy chased him until he accepted, but it wasn't because Chopper was a doctor that Luffy wanted him, no, it was his transformation.
 
then there's Nico Robin, Archeologist
click it here for more info...

well, what's to say about her....? she's also eaten the devil fruit and is only a member of the team because Luffy wouldn't let her die when she wanted to and so with nowhere else to go... she joined him. that's all at the moment, I'll talk more about her in the next one. 

um, I think that's about it. really if you want to learn more about the manga series, or even the TV one just use the links above, back back track it a little so that your using the sight, since they are all from the same one. I'm hoping the next one of these will be a little better and I'm thinking of instead of the crew (unless there are new members joining) I will talk about the fight scenes and the bad guys. because I'm not going to go about these guys again, there's no point see, I've done it now.

well, until vol 50....have fun reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment