Sunday 22 July 2012

REVIEW, Broken Memories by Diane Adams & RJ Scott


Prod dets
Broken Memories
Series: in the Shadow of the Wolf # 1
Pub: 2011, Silver Publishing
Author: RJ Scott & Diane Adams
Genre: paranormal mystery
Format: ebook; 142p w/ 13 chapters
Whose: Doug & Sam
Age Range: adult

            Synopsis
Sam Harrison remembers nothing of his former life. All he knows is that he has nightmares that won’t leave him alone and an irrational fear of shifting from human to wolf.

Doug McKenna has little respect for any wolf that isn’t strong. That Sam was near broken is something he can’t at first reconcile. Still, Sam needs looking after and Doug thinks he is the one that should be doing the looking.


            Thoughts
Let’s start with something important....
You really should start this series at the start. I did not. not that I felt I needed more than I got, but there was something missing with facts that I’m sure came from the first book.
So more so, it was defiantly a second book of a series.

So, with that, I read book 2, naturally, since it’s the one I’m talking ‘bout, but the fact made, it felt like one. The relationship had already started between Doug and Sam long before this book started and because of that there was that first impact thing missing. The...well, Sam is angry at Doug—but why?—and some reason that came up weren’t really telling of the reason just a few spitted words into the other face.

The whole ways they fell in love was odd. I’m not sure if it was because of the reasons above that I didn’t get it, or because she was doing some odd form of ‘mate’ but they just....fall in love. Even after...yeah, they just....one minute it’s all ‘this is only because you need to get better’ and the next ‘I love you’ made no sense. 
And yet....the rest of the story flowed in a way that actually made sense to the love between them, you saw it grow.
Honestly, thinking about it the way I have it’s the classic, ‘love you’ to early. But from both of them.

The crime and fetcher around them, the reason for them being together, is a story coming off the last, so it might make more sense if you’ve read that one first, because you get answers in this one. Or at least that’s how it felt to me. and yet, like I said it didn’t really need it, there was enough clues and back talk that you understood, I just couldn’t get over the fact that I needed the first book.
So if you can read the first one first, even though it doesn’t sound that interesting, from what I have figured it actually, probably, most defiantly, is.

The flow of the story was good, I was trapped in the world and wanted more while reading it, and knowing there’s a 3rd book coming out has me a little antsy to get it. I want it now (it comes out in Sept—and it seems a little juicy with grief and a man who stood aside and watched the man he loved love a woman. See, nice).
The word is actually good; all the wolves are out with the humans. The way thing go it’s all about instincts, about what they were and yet aren’t anymore.

Anyway, it was good in that way that had problems but you could ignore them. Though the sex wasn’t that great, a little on the lame side for you to want to read it for that.  Though it would be good for people just starting out into the m/m sex scene because it’s not intense, though complete.

Series
Shattered Secrets, Broken Memories, Splintered Lies
☼☼☼
1, Shattered Secrets (Jamie & Rob)
2, Above
3, Splinted Lies (Jo & Nick)
☼☼☼

No comments:

Post a Comment