Wednesday 8 August 2012

REVIEW, The Dream Hunter by Sherrilyn Kenyon


In the ethereal world of dreams there are champions who fight to protect the dreamer and there are demons who prey on them...

    Prod dets
The Dream Hunter
Series: Dark-Hunter series, #10 (Dream-Hunter #1)
Pub: 2007, Piatkus (imprint of Little, brown Book Group)
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon    
Cat: paranormal romance
Format: paperback (small); 340 pp w/ 22 chapters
Whose: Arik & Geary
Age Range: adult

                Synopsis
Arik is such a predator. Condemned by the gods to live for eternity without emotions, Arik can only feel when he’s in the dreams of others. Now, after thousands of years, he’s finally found a dreamer whose vivid mind can fill his emptiness.
     
Dr. Megeara Kafieri made a reluctant promise to her dying father that she would salvage his reputation by proving his life-long belief that Atlantis is real. But frustration and bad luck dog her every step. Especially the day they find a stranger floating in the sea. His is a face she’s seen many times... in her dreams.
     
What she doesn’t know is that Arik has made a pact with the god Hades: in exchange for two weeks as a mortal man, he must return to Olympus with a human soul. Megeara’s soul.


      Thoughts
Okay, so here’s a little bit of confession time. I haven’t read this book, shocker, not really, but still, it’s that I just can’t.  It’s truly become, like, my kryptonite of books in the series.
I say this, because unlike a few that are to come (I think, it’s actually only one) I have tried to read this book like....fuck knows how many time, the last one worked better than this time I tried to read it. At least with that last read I read a few chapters of the book, rather than this one where I just stared at the first page pretending to read it.
Like really, when I finally figured out what the hell I was doing it nearly had me in tears. I was getting funny looks from my children—and they live with me, and know how odd I truly am.  

Now I can’t give out point by point reason as to why i didn’t like the book, though mostly it’s because the female character annoyed me to much off the bat, and the male character...I don’t know but there was just something a bit, skeeve about the whole reasoning behind everything, that too and two of the side characters....I don’t know, but it was gearing up to be one hell of a reded faced moment, and maybe I’m just not comfortable with suck flat out embarrassments in the characters.
Ha—maybe that’s why I can’t fully get into BDSM isn’t a lot of that about humiliation?

Still, it might actually be a good book to have as this story sorta slides into another, but I just....I just coudln’t read it I couldn’t find anything in either major characters that made me want to know what happened and how they got there. hell I couldn’t even feel a need to flip it forward and check it all out. it just....
Just unappealing to me. but that’s just me, I’m sure a lot of people would probably like the characters and the idea around the book, I just...didn’t.

Series
Fantasy Lover, Night Pleasure, Night Embrace, Dance with the Devil, Kiss of the Night, Night Play, Seize the Night, Sins of the Night, Unleashed the Night, Dark Side of the Moon, The Dream-Hunter, fear of the darkness, Upon the Midnight Clear, Devil May Cry, Dream Chaser, Acheron, One Silent Night, Dream Warrior, Bad Moon Rising, No Mercy, Redemption, The Guardian, Time Untime,
Related stories: The Beginning, Phantom Lover, Dark-Hunter Christmas, Winter Born, Second Chance, Love at First Bite, A Hard Day’s Night-Searcher, the Dark-Hunter companion, Blood Lite, shadow of the Moon, Dragonswan, in Other Worlds, Until Death We Do Part
☼☼☼

No comments:

Post a Comment