Friday 2 November 2012

REVIEW, The Rebel Prince by Celine Kiernan

Who will survive the final battle?

    Prod dets
The Rebel Prince
Series: Moorehawke, # 3
Pub: 2010, O’Brien Press Ltd.
Author: Celine Kiernan
Cat: fantasy fiction (historical)
Format: paperback (mid); 435pp
Age Range: YA

            Synopsis
Set in a fantastical medieval Europe, this is the final book in a compelling trilogy of court intrigue, adventure and romance.

After a joyful reunion, it seems that the years of war have left their scars on brothers Alberon and Razi, and it is not long before their differences come between them.

Alberon is determined to protect the kingdom by strength rather than diplomacy. He proudly reveals his great hope—Lorcan Moorehawke's Bloody Machine. But Razi fears the machine will rot the kingdom's soul and undo all the good that their father has achieved in his short reign.


Despite her qualms about Alberon's choice of allies, Wynter finds herself siding with him against her friends. But when the last envoys to Alberon's camp arrive, Wynter's loyalty to the kingdom and its future is stretched to its limit. How can she stand by as Alberon negotiates with those who represent everything she despises?


     Thoughts
Finally we are at Alberon’s camp, and things aren’t all that great with the other groups of people there. Mainly the wolves, though it’s another one that actually spills the trilogy blog.
We learn through this one. Grow and find out the answers we need. It’s all about finishing up. Learning everything that’s needed, and the romance isn’t all that much, mainly since, Wynter and Chris were set by the end of last book—though, saying this, there is still some great moments between them.

Razy actually, seems to get a stronger spotlight threw this book.

I find that this isn’t really want you all want to know, but the book itself is one that needs the whole series to sell it. It’s truly an end. There is major points spilled open and things worked out between them, and even though when I first read it I was a little disappointed, it wasn’t the story line that I didn’t like, it was the action level—like the climax just shrivelled a little when it seemed to be heading for something explosive.

I think, though, it isn’t my favourite of the trilogy, it’s clearly the book that you need, and when I was reading alone it was one I craved the most. And as far as all my questions they were answered.

To me, this trilogy was one that I love; it is my all-time scream book. I think it helped that I liked the Middle Ages; it was a great time period. I also liked the near middle grade feel to the series, that had just enough romance to wet my appetite (cause I’m a romance junky) and the world was simple and easy to navigate which was great for me because I don’t like fantasy mostly because they spend too much time world building.
I think you should try it out. Now.

Also like to point out, that there isn’t anything more than kissing in any of the text, though the mention of sex is there, it’s not detailed in anyway.
Also, the set of books that I have, the drawn ones, are great. If you line them up they make one rolling picture. It’s really cool.

Trilogy
The Poison Throne, The crowded Shadow, The Rebel Prince

No comments:

Post a Comment