Wednesday 16 January 2013

With a Kiss by Kim Dare

            deets
With a Kiss
Series: --
Pub: Oct 2011 by Resplendence Publishing
Author: Kim Dare
Genre: Paranormal Erotic BDSM Romance, m/m
Format: iBook; 218p w/ 14 chapters
Whose: Marcus & Liam

                        Synopsis
When Liam Bates volunteered to visit lonely patients at his local hospital, he expected them to be able to talk back when he chatted to them. But, when he’s assigned to visit a comatose man, he soon finds himself spilling out his whole life story in an effort to fill the silence. It’s not long before the peace and comfort he finds in the man’s hospital room becomes Liam’s refuge from an increasingly hostile world.
Vampire Marcus Corrigan has been trapped inside his paralysed body for over three years, unable to communicate with anyone. The chatty young man who visits Marcus quickly captivates him, and Liam’s softly spoken words soon have him determined to rescue the boy from his current life, but, unable to move a muscle, all Marcus can actually do is lay there and listen.
There’s only one thing that can wake up Marcus. There’s only one thing that can save Liam’s sanity. Everything is about to change for them both, and it will change with a kiss.
Please note: This story centres around a relationship that incorporates elements of BDSM. It also includes references to an entirely separate relationship which contains violent and abusive behaviour, perpetrated by a secondary character

The Thoughts
Okay, so here’s the thing, two actually. I don’t like BDSM, I can’t find any of it that appealing—like, really, I looked up some pictures, yeah, and those were the lighter shit. I could see that. It’s just not my thing. I’m only reading it because I’m writing a book with the element of it in them, and I need to understand.
this was the third book that I read from Ms Dare. I actually really enjoy her writing style, and I find this type of book easy to read—you know, for those not into that scene.

Oaky, let’s get the dets out of the way first.
This book was more about SM, this is about a guy, Liam who is born a submissive, to a point that he has been attracted, and has lived with guys who treat him like shit. Who beat him up. This is the point that I was seeing, that it wasn’t that he became this way because of the abuse that he received threw this book, but he stayed in that horrid situation because of the personality he is.
Which kinda makes it that you really should be nice to those out there who are like that. Shouldn’t you? Treat them with dignity because in reality that won’t care if you don’t, they will just want to please you.

I found that Dare did this in a way that didn’t particularly highlight this point, nor did it say it out right. But it’s what I saw while reading it. And it made me understand. Hell, this book helped me understand a lot about the scene which I probably wouldn’t have any other way, because I can’t read into it. I can’t….it’s to… even if it’s what they want all I see, all it does is rubs at that part of me that wants you to treat someone better because you should.
I’m digressing, sorry, but….

The actually workings of the ‘room’ was done in two parts. One was when he noticed it, found something he liked, and cleaned it up. Along with him leaning about the elements. The next was him trying it out. And I just found that it was done in a way that it should be. With love, not because you need them bound, but because that’s what they need. I found that Marcus was nice and handle Liam well when there was parts of them that the love went threw him even though there were times when he just wanted to blow apart.
This is what I truly liked about the story. that love that went through them.

The rest of the story, was, well, a fairy-tale, wasn’t it. A vampire in a coma for three years, who was awoken by a kiss.
This is actually another layer that I really liked about the book. That Dare didn’t have Marcus waking up and being normal again. no, though a there was a huge part of the story that was Liam, Marcus was there. His recovery, not only physically but mentally from being trapped that way for all those years. His need for walls, and close spaces. His fear.

I really enjoyed both characters of this tale. I found that they worked well together and each had their problem they both helped each other become better people. And though there were a hand full of outta characters I can’t really remember any of them, because Dare gave no real keys on them other than them being there to highlight parts of the two main characters.

So basically, in my ramble, sorry, I enjoyed this book. It was informative were a lot of others aren’t because this one had a character who had only the cliché facts of BDSM and had to learn the real ones, so in a way it helped the reader learn (though am I in no way believed that this was it, that this was fact, it was a description from a Dom to his Sub, that’s all—each their own and all that)
~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment