Saturday 10 December 2011

....(Dark Sins & Desert Sands)


When a mythical creature arouses the minion of a dark god, no passion can be denied, no secrets left hidden...
 (haven't finished and what I have isn't pretty)
      Dark Sins and Desert Sands

    Prod dets
 Mythica series, book 4
Pub: 2011, (nocturne) Harlequin
Author: Stephanie Draven
Cat: paranormal romance
Format: paperback (small); 283 pp w/ 22 chapters
Whose: Ray & Layla
Age Range: adult

                Synopsis
Escaping a hellish Syrian prison, U.S. serviceman Ray Stavrakis emerged with uncanny mind-control powers and an eerie ability to morph into a mythical Minotaur. As a half man, half bull, Ray had legendary power, but only one woman could prove his innocence. The woman who’d driven him to the brink of insanity with her cool-eyed interrogation and her hot-blooded sensuality.

But Vegas psychologist Layla Bahset had no memory of Ray or her past. Only a feeling of being stalked by a nonhuman predator. Was it Ray...whose eyes condemned her soul even as his hands ignited her body? Or was another evil force at work? But nothing could stop Layla from remembering what she was...and what her evil creator had planned for her and her soldier lover....



Excerpt
“Whatever it is, Layla, it’s going to be all right.”

It wasn’t going to be all right. She was the twisted minion of an evil god. What comfort could a mortal man like Ray really offer her? And yet his arms were the only safe place that she’d ever known. “You have no idea who I am or what I’ve done.”

“I know what you’ve done. I was there, remember?”

“I’m nothing, nothing but what he made me!”

“Don’t say that,” Ray murmured against her lips. “It’s not true.”

But it was true. And yet, as Ray rocked her, it wasn’t fear that surged through her.

She kissed him. Because it might be the last time she could.

She’d never thought that Ray was hers to keep, but she hadn’t realized before now that she wasn’t even her own to give.

A small word, for now....

I just couldn't seen to get into this book, I'm not sure if it was because when I picked it up I was sick and just didn't have even a sliver of patients that I would have for a book that didn't interest me. And this was one of them.

1st of all it was about Egyptian mythology so it didn't hit any of my buttons, I really aren’t a fan. Which kinda sucks but what can you do, like something just because it’s there—not in me, sorry.

Then there was the fact that I just couldn’t see to care about either of the characters. This is the point that I’m not sure about—did I not care because there wasn’t anything in them to care about? Or was it because I was sick and just didn’t care about anything that was important to me in the first place, so things that weren’t, well, they didn’t even get a edge in?

I’m not sure, but I just... yeah, the tortured and looking for redemption with something they just want to fuck....? really I only got up to chapter 5 before it was too much and I had to put the fucker down and, well, I just can’t see myself picking it back up again.

And then there was the chick. I don’t know about you, but a main character chick that is hiding for the past, and knows that’s what she’s doing, and yet she wants to know? like I get it, like everyone probly would. Seriously, it’s like when you get hammered and you wake up next to some guy you’ve never seen before and all you have is a blurry night that you’re not too sure you want to remember, and yet you can’t stop mulling over the fact that you can’t remember.

I get it, I do, but did they have to make her have a voice that scratched at your brain. And I know this one is all me, but she just had the thoughts, the tone of her thoughts got me thinking of that girlfriend you have, who has to come with you every night and yet you know she’s just going to bitch and one thing after the other until she yells at you all and runs off screaming that she hates you, when really she wants you to make her centre stage in the tantrum. Like a four year old in big boy pants (which was really the easier way of saying it, right?)

So as you can probly understand by now, this book rubbed me in suck a wrong way that I’m not sure if I’ll ever be able to pick it up again and read it, but if I do, I’ll add it up here. Just don’t hold your breath on it being a nice review, or really, one at all.

Really, it was that wrong for me that I didn’t even want to flip it forward and search out the sex, in turn in their relationship were things got heated up. it just wasn’t the book for me. 

      my Thoughts (review)
...(may or may never happen)....

Series
Midnight Medusa. Wild, Tethered, Bound. Poisoned Kisses. Siren Song. [tb]
☼☼☼

No comments:

Post a Comment