Wednesday 25 April 2012

REVIEW, Bood Noir


The Ardeur made me a sort of living vampire who fed off sex, but with the downside came some interesting upsides

    Prod dets
Blood Noir
Series: Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter, book 16
Pub: 2008, Headline
Author: Laurell K. Hamilton
Cat: paranormal fiction
Format: paperback (mid); 396 pp w/ 47 chapters
Age Range: adult                                             

            Synopsis
Jason is a werewolf. He’s one of my best friends and sometimes a lover. And right now he needs me, Anita Blake—not to be a vampire hunter, or a federal Marshall, or a necromancer, but because his father is dying. I can help make him look like an everyday guy, help him say goodbye to the abusive father he’s never loved. How hard can it be?

Really, by now, you’d think I’d know better. Because this is the weekend that Marmee Noir, ancient mother of all vampires, picks to make her move. I’ve got something she wants—and now she’s going to take it.


     Thoughts
This review isn’t a review and holds spoilers that you might not want. It’s also going to explain why you don’t need to read a book in the series to understand what happens in each individual book!

I haven’t read this one. Because this cover wasn’t out yet and I just couldn’t wait for it, I had to read the next one. But that’s not the worse. I have it scheduled so that I could read it now and have it set with all the others. Since I do re-read the books, if not fully then 3/4ly. I even picked this one up and tried, but I couldn’t. I couldn’t get past what I always get to.

But here’s what I’m learnt reading the ones to come:

It’s about Jason. I know that she ends up being mind fucked and being in a group orgy with a bunch of weretigers, that’s how they all know she’s could be there little queen. I know she feeds off Richard’s anger. I also know that they end up being taken and tortured, or at least Jason does, and Anita ends up making him her wolf-to-call. But the ins and outs, the how’s and why’s are all a mystery to me. But can you sympathies with me on why I haven’t read it? I just don’t need to, she’s already explains all this in the coming books, and well....why bother. Or at least that’s what my mind gives me every time I think I can read it, and I end up just holding the book until I don’t have the time to read it anymore.

Series
Guilty Pleasures, the Laughing Corpse, Circus of the Damned, The Lunatic Cafe, Bloody Bones, The Killing Dance, Burnt Offerings, Blue Moon, Obsidian Butterfly, Narcissus in Chains, Cerulean Sins, Incubus Dreams, Micah, Danse Macabre, The Harlequin, [tb], Skin Trade, Flirt, Bullet, Hit List, Kiss the Dead,
☼☼☼

No comments:

Post a Comment