Friday 27 April 2012

REVIEW, The Darkest Whisper


Prod dets
The Darkest Whisper
Series: Lords of the Underworld series, book 4
Pub: 2009,
Author: Gena Showalter
Cat: para romance
Format: paperback (sm); 406 pp w/ 29 chapters
Whose: Sabin (keeper of Doubt) & Gwen
Age Range: adult                                             

            Synopsis
Bound by the demon of Doubt, Sabin unintentionally destroys even the most confident of lovers. So the immortal warrior spends his time on the battlefield instead of the bedroom, victory his only concern... until he meets Gwendolyn the Timid. One taste of the beautiful redhead, and he craves more.
    
Gwen, an immortal herself, always thought she’d fall for a kind human who wouldn’t rouse her darker side. But when Sabin frees her from prison, battle their enemies for the claim to Pandora’s Box, turns out to be nothing compared to the battle Sabin and Gwen will wage against love...


            Thoughts
(First time)
About a Harp who thinks she’s too nice to be one, and a warrior that wouldn’t do anything to win the war and keep his brethren safe.
    
This book was actually really good, though the twist she has in the end isn’t that surprising, it was still a good book, and even more so because of the insights into the other characters as well as the two main ones.
    
It was a great book, seriously, I can’t really think of anything else to say about it than that. It’s one of those books that need to be read and if you are wanting to get into the series this is a great one to get you there (I read this book second)
    
So, a Harpy (Gwen) was kidnapped, and Sabin and some of the lords (most of them?) got her and the other woman out of the place. Sabin takes an instant interest, like he can’t keep his eyes off her, and decides to take her home with him, and things just turnballs for there. (Sorry, I don’t really like doing that, but all that I have said happens in the first three chapters, so it’s not really telling you all that much.)

(This time)
This is one of my favourite and reading it again I remember why it’s the book that hooked me onto the series more so then the first book I read (the darkest kiss). Though Gwen as a character outside her mind is annoying and a child that would drive me up the wall, her mind set especially threw this book was timid and made the reading of it enjoyable especially when she becomes the Harpy she should be.
 
I like the twist and wonder what it’s going to mean, but then that’s with a fresh read of this book along with what I already know of the series.
But then that’s something that I can think and wish all I want but it’s probably not going to go the way I’m hoping, since it’s not my story to tell.

But Sabin is one of my favourite males in the house, even when he’s a little over bearing he’s defiantly a leader and I like who Gwen seems to throw him into a loop, how that in his character changes from what he always was, and still is throughout the series.

Series
The darkest fire, The darkest Night, the darkest kiss, the darkest pleasure, the darkest prison, [tb], the darkest Angel, the darkest passion, the darkest lie, the darkest Secret, the darkest Surrender, the darkest Seduction,
☼☼☼

No comments:

Post a Comment