Wednesday 13 June 2012

REVIEW, Night Embrace


Prod dets
Night Embrace
Series: Dark-Hunter series, book 3
Pub: 2003, Piatkus (imprint of Little, brown Book Group)
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Cat: paranormal romance
Format: paperback (small); 424 pp w/ 22 chapters
Whose: Talon & Sunshine
Age Range: adult

                Synopsis
Talon was once a Celt warrior cursed by his ancient gods. Following the murder of his sister, the dying Talon made a deal with the goddess Artemis, and was given one act of vengeance against the clan who betrayed him – in exchange for his soul and his eternal service as a Dark-Hunter. Having sworn to fight Daimons and rescue the human souls they’ve captured, he has never cause to regret this choice – until he meets Sunshine Runningwolf.
    
The unconventional Sunshine should be Talon’s perfect woman. She is beautiful, sexy and isn’t looking for a long-term commitment. But the more time Talon spends in her company the more he starts yarning for dreams of love and family that he buried centuries ago. But loving Sunshine would be dangerous for both of them. Talon is destined never to know peace or happiness while his enemies still seek to destroy him and everyone close to him...


      Thoughts
Huh, the first time I read this I remember it being a lot better.... I’m not sure if it was because I just didn’t have that great a reading on books at that point of if, because of the fact that I read this series in order (as much as I could) that I just wasn’t yet put through what the series was really going to hold and so this book was something great. But it’s not, especially when you look at it being the biggest in number of pages besides Archon.

It’s a sweet story about a young man who married below his title, and then ended up pissing of a god before he could truly be with her.
It’s all about that old hatred, and a love that’s come back.
The whole story is split—for me—into those two parts and is done really well. There’s the love between the two main characters and the fact that Sunshine is and isn’t this old love of his and she ends up struggling with the fact that she doesn’t think he sees her. Which is actually true, in an odd way, he truly isn’t see her for a long part of the book, but he does and yeah.
Then there’s the old hatred with the god that pushed shit threw the story and makes it interesting, along with lining up the next couple of books nicely.

I do remember loving it the first time I read it, Talon and Sunshine are great characters, really, they are fav’s in the series, I love it when either are around, and there story is awesome, if you haven’t yet to read the two them come of this book. It’s a shame and not so much because it’s a great series that should be read by all.
But, I don’t know, this time reading it was....plan and to be honest a hassle.

At this point I really wish I had something written down from the first time I read it because I feel like I’m making this book out to be something crapper than what it is. I’m sorry if I am. it’s a great book, just...the next are better. 
 
Series
Fantasy Lover, Night Pleasure, Night Embrace, Dance with the Devil, Kiss of the Night, Night Play, Seize the Night, Sins of the Night, Unleashed the Night, Dark Side of the Moon, The Dream-Hunter, fear of the darkness, Upon the Midnight Clear, Devil May Cry, Dream Chaser, Acheron, One Silent Night, Dream Warrior, Bad Moon Rising, No Mercy, Redemption, The Guardian, Time Untime,
Related stories: The Beginning, Phantom Lover, Dark-Hunter Christmas, Winter Born, Second Chance, Love at First Bite, A Hard Day’s Night-Searcher, the Dark-Hunter companion, Blood Lite, shadow of the Moon, Dragonswan, in Other Worlds, Until Death We Do Part
☼☼☼

No comments:

Post a Comment