Thursday 12 July 2012

REVIEW, The Tin Star by J.L. Langley


    Prod dets
The Tin Star
Series: Ranch, book 1
Pub: Looseld
Author: J.L. Langley
Genre: contemporary erotica romance
Format: paperback (lar); 290pp w/ 20 chapters
Whose: Jamie & Ethan
Age Range: adult

            Synopsis
James Killian learned the hard way that smaller towns are full of bigots. When he came out to his father, he got kicked out of his home and off the Quadruple J where he’s worked as a ranch foreman. Now, with nowhere to go and little money, Jamie needs all the help he can get. His savoir comes in the unlikely form of his older brother’s best friend, the man he’s been in love with for over half his life.

Successful rancher Ethan Whitehall is well-respected in his community. His family’s ranch the Tin Star affords him both prestige and power in the small town he calls home. Yet Ethan knows without a doubt all of that will shatter if his sexual orientation becomes public. When he learns what’s happened to his best friend’s younger brother and why, he knows he shouldn’t get involved. But he’s always had a soft spot where Jamie Killian is concerned, and it may very well be his downfall.

            Thoughts
I think I’m over contemporary. I know it’s not the best way to start this review, but as I was reading it I kept on thinking that there was something missing. It just happened that that something was never part of the story.

Langley is a great writer and there’s no better showing of that then falling in love with a story that’s doesn’t hold that same....element as her paranormal or even her Si–Fi (though I wouldn’t no, it’s not something I would read).

But I loved it. I fell in love with Ethan with one line: “Don’t start that! My willpower is pretty good, kid, but it ain’t that good. That’s all I need, for you to out me, too”
Yeah, it’s better when it’s with the rest of the crap. But it’s the line that held my heart for the cowboy.

Pretty much from that line they were hot, heavy and headily in love, but people aren’t too happy with Jamie being gay. Then shit happens, the sub plot and that’s all wrapped up in it as well—which makes sense.
And yeah....I really don’t have much more to say about it. I really enjoyed the show. I thought that maybe it’s because of the fact that I’ve read too much so this shit recently. But it’s just one of those books don’t need much said about them.

It’s nice, easily to dive in and pull out if that’s what you need at the time of reading. It gives you tender moments, personalities, fear, laughter and fucking hot sex. And at the end of you get something that didn’t need to much from you. and sometimes it’s what you truly need.

Series
The Tin Star, the Broken H, the Christmas Tree Bargan, 
☼☼☼

No comments:

Post a Comment