Friday 14 September 2012

REVIEW, Awakened by PC & Kristin Cast


Prod dets
Awakened
Series: House of Night, # 8
Pub: 2011, (atom) St. Marin’s Press USA
Author: P.C & Kristin Cast
Cat: Fantasy & Magical realism (para romance?)
Format: paperback (mid); 323 pp w/ 26 chapters
Age Range: YA [16+]

                Synopsis
Zoey lives.’ Neferet’s voice was flat, cold, lifeless. ‘She does. What will happen next?’ ‘It is quite simple. I will ensure Zoey is drawn back to Oklahoma. There, on my own terms, I will complete the task you failed.’
     
Exonerated by the Vampyre High Council and returned to her position of High Priestess at Tulsa’s House of Night, Neferet has sworn vengeance on Zoey. But Zoey has found sanctuary on the Isle of Skye and is being groomed by Queen Sgiach to take over for her there. Being Queen would be cool, wouldn’t it?
     
And what about Stevie Rae and Rephaim? The Raven Mocker refuses to be used against Stevie Rae, but what choice does he have when no one in the entire world, including Zoey, would be okay with their relationship? Does he betray his father or his heart?
      Thoughts
So this book was interesting, and yet it went on about nothing that seemed to be letting the books end, and it had things that needed to be there – If you understand all that.
           
Really it bored me, and put my thoughts back into the series needs to end, or this problem in it needed to be resolved and let something else happen. But as the end fits it doesn’t look like it will for a bit yet, American’s and there need to only stop when no one will read them anymore.
           
So it’s got Neferet’s voice in it, lets you see what a twisted bitch she is. Also has a great ending, or at least this part, ending to the Raven mockers story with Stevie Rea, though like Stark I really like him as a character and hope they don’t by pass him in any way.
           
Though I’m not really looking forward to the next book, and yet I strangely am.

This Read: this is the last one of the books that I have, and clearly I’ve not gone on. My interest in the book left me the moment that I thought it. Really, I’m over the series. And therefore I know that I haven’t made these the best reviews, or even, maybe, got you wanting the read them.
But that’s a simple fix. Or at least I’m going to do a quick why
·         It’s about vampires that are out to the world, and yet they are all pushed into schools to learn. It’s a good thing, and I really do like the idea around the world and school.
·         The teachers are all good, it even takes you as long as it take Zoey to see the things that are going on around her.
·         Zoey has a group of friends and are great, though typical, they aren’t the cool kids.
·         It’s got its one myth and legends around them that’s simple to follow through the series. And it’s set in a day to day, minute to minute time line with Zoey being the POV, which changes later in the series to have a anyone and everyone that needs a voice. Only Zoey is in first person.
·         Zoey gets into a complete love triangle that changes and shifts and ends with three boys wanting her.
o   This kinda changes at the end of this book, and yet as far as I know it doesn’t. or more so the story line comes up that was there before just for a person that was there that isn’t.
o   It’s real complete and overly dramatic, I suppose.
·         There is a clear cut and yet burry gray line threw the story of good and evil and another thing that’s has a question mark at the end of this book. What’s the deal with the white bull?
·         The powers are cool and though it’s mostly centred on her friends at first, it comes out for others and more so it shows up what they are and how they work in a cool way that really makes the magic jump out of the page. Which really does make the book.
·         Um....
Okay, so I’m dry and yet I know there’s much more things that should be said. It’s a good series if it’s your thing. It’s just not mine. not only is a YA book with a first person all the way threw, but the storyline drags a little and it’s so full of drama that I started to get annoyed at the character I was following fast then the pages went by.
Though if you’ve found yourself a little bit interested in the series you should pick it up from your library and see what you think.

Series
Marked, Betrayed, Chosen, Untamed, Hunted, Tempted, Burned, Awaken, Destined, Hidden, 
Spin-off novellas: Dragon’s Oath, Lenobia’s Vow, Neferet’s Curse,
☼☼☼

No comments:

Post a Comment