Wednesday 26 September 2012

REVIEW, Bad Moon Rising by Sherrilyn Kenyon


One Step into the Dark-Hunter world and you’ll never turn back....

Prod dets
Bad Moon Rising
Series: Dark-Hunter Universe, # 18: Dark-Hunter #14: Were-Hunter #6: Hellchaser #3
Pub: 2009, Piatkus
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon      
Cat: paranormal romance
Format: paperback (small); 418 pp w/ 32 chapters
Whose: Fang & Aimee
Age Range: adult

                Synopsis
Fang Kattalakis isn’t just a wolf. He is the brother of two of the most powerful members of the Omegrion: the ruling council that enforces the laws of the Were-Hunters. And when war erupts among the lycanthropes, sides must be chosen. Enemies are forced into shaky alliances.
    
When Aimee, the woman Fang loves, is accused of betraying her people, her only hope is that Fang believes in her. Yet in order to save her, Fang must break the law of his people and the faith of his brothers. That breach could very well spell the end of both their races and change their world for ever. The war is on and time is running out...


      Thoughts
Getting attacked by diamons was the least of Fangs problems, he had many, one mainly that he had fallen hard (like the were’s do) for a bear. This wouldn’t seem all that bad, but Fang happens to be a wolf.

This book has a long time period, and passed through all the stories he happens to be in from Night Play to the present time (the other being Unleash the Night) and it’s a wild ride. None more so for the fact that he wants a woman that wants him back but can never have. Yeah, this one has nothing to do with the love flowing between them, but more so for the family around them, and the future that she’s meant to lead.

It’s a great book, with new characters coming into the picture along with old ones and memories of books long since read. Which I think was one of the best things about the back tracking that took place threw it.

This Read: hum..... I’m still not sure. I think it was so much wanting when I first read it that I couldn’t really see it.  All I saw was past books and information’s that I’d already seen. Like I was only reading the backtracking and forgot about the story under it.

Fang and Aimee’s story of breed crossing was interesting. It was different. and because of books before (which I say, I’m pretty sure I read Night Play, close to read this one, and there are some big factor from that) which made me not see what there.

This also brings about the new part of her series. She has said in interviews she said that this series had four parts. Acheron, which is done, Jaden and Thorn’s are mixed together as part two and three, and she’s keeping part four close to her chest, but if things go the way they have been were looked at like 10-15 books until we start getting clues.
So, this one took into them a little—well Thorn.
(I can’t wait for them to come in fully and for us to get bigger glimpses then what we have already seen. I’m ecstatic for it actually)

This books has sorta two main parts. Aimee’s struggles to be what her parents want while falling head of heels for a man she knows she can’t have. While saving him.
And Fangs struggle to deal with what he’s become.
I found that part more interesting, though I think it was because it was newer to the series. And this time I fully latched onto it—but this one, I’m sure was because I’d read the book before and I already had the falling of them so I was trying to read what was new.

I’m actually really glad I read this book again. More so then with any of the other before it, because unlike them, this one gave me something new. mostly because I hadn’t read it to death before this. Honestly, this was like my third read of the book, odd when it comes to me. And shows my lack of interest the first time round.

Series
Fantasy Lover, Night Pleasure, Night Embrace, Dance with the Devil, Kiss of the Night, Night Play, Seize the Night, Sins of the Night, Unleashed the Night, Dark Side of the Moon, The Dream-Hunter, fear of the darkness, Upon the Midnight Clear, Devil May Cry, Dream Chaser, Acheron, One Silent Night, Dream Warrior, Bad Moon Rising, No Mercy, Redemption, The Guardian, Time Untime, Styxx
Related stories: The Beginning, Phantom Lover, Dark-Hunter Christmas, Winter Born, Second Chance, Love at First Bite, A Hard Day’s Night-Searcher, the Dark-Hunter companion, Blood Lite, shadow of the Moon, Dragonswan, in Other Worlds, Until Death We Do Part
☼☼☼

No comments:

Post a Comment