Friday 23 November 2012

Late to the Game

It’s a little obvious if you think about it, but the explanation is to come. I’m doing Ten Tuesday—see late!

I’m going to start up this post, it may not kick in, it may not work, it may be stupid, it may not matter, but there are times when I’m a little behind and where I would really like to participate in things, you know, events? but I’m chickshit, and I’m lazy, and something I don’t end up seeing what I like until the end of the week, and then it’s all out.
 
So this posting, which will have an apt name, will be and whatever it is I want to say, show, or discuss about other blogs postings. Things that have caught me eye (like my depression posting), things I feel need to be talked about, things that I love. I’ve laughed at. I’ve connected to along the week that I want to talk about.
 
Anyway, I’m babbling. Sorry. This week I really liked….

 

A weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

Top ten Books/Authors I’m Thankful For
 
1.      Paul Jennings
·         I’ve forgotten the name of the book, one where he’s nose get longer after he slams it into a door. It let me pass English, the only time I ever passed.
·         Add, Baby Sitters Club, Little Sister, the first series I ever read (and yeah, that was right up into my teens) that I could read. I had nearly the whole collection.
2.      Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by JK Rowling
·         For letting see I could read now, and even though it bored the shit out of me, I stuck with it, and feel in love with the books of the Movies I’d already loved.
·         (That too, and movie 5 was crap, and seemed to ruin the rest).
3.      Twilight by Stephanie Meyers
·         For getting that point in my brain to click and tell me I could do this who writing thing. Easily (you know, if I wasn’t a chickshit)
4.      Bloodline by Maggie Shayne
·         Lost my adult romance virginity with this one, it will always hold that place in my heart.
·         Lords of the Underworld & Black Dagger Brotherhood didn’t make it any harder to love the genre.
5.      Mia Watts
·         Mostly Freeze Frame, for getting in into the men love men world.
·         Add Jet Mykles, (Heaven Sent series, Reverb, Indigo Knights series) for settling me in and opening my eyes to a wonderful world.
·         Oh, JL Langley, Tere Michaels, Charlie Richards, Stephani Hecht, RJ Scott, Diana DeRicci, (and many more) haven’t hindered my enjoyment.
6.      One Piece by Eiirchiro Oda
·         You can’t help but fall in love with that set of Pirates
·         also welcomes me all so nicely into the world of Manga. Which will get me into and loving Bleach (it’s a little too early, but I can’t help but spill my heart out for that series as well)
7.      Josh Lanyon
·         Adrien English series, Lone Star, Icecapade, the list will go one
·         For giving me real men, real love, and honest to god interesting crime mixed all in one, with heart filled stories that make you laugh while you cry. (at least I do)
8.      When Dogs Cry by Markus Zusak & Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
·         For melting my heart with beautiful stories of love, disaster and the teenage world.
9.      Duck Fart by Jade Buchanan
·         For the laughs I had reading this book. Tears rolling down my face especially… yeah; it’s awesome, funny, and light hearted read.
·         Should add in Black Wolf & The Cat’s Meow by Stormy Glenn (I should add A-Muse-Ing by Willa Okati, because it’s meant to be, and what I’ve read it was)
10.   The Secret Garden by  Frances Hodhsen Burnett
·         For some reason this book always reminds me of my mum (move too) it was one of those books she always read to me (honestly I couldn’t read it myself until I was 23)
·         Add A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, though it’s really the Muppets Movie of it that stuck in my heart—the family Christmas movie (every year).

 
Thanks for the time, and I’m hoping this will be a weekly thing, though I doubt it will always hold the same contents. Sometimes it may be a YouTube Vlog, a book cover, a quot.
Something big, something little. Whatever it is, it will be here.
We’ll see how I go!

No comments:

Post a Comment