Thursday 20 December 2012

list of 2012 #3

The Best, The Worse          
This list is the yearly list, which I’ve fucked up a bit with seeing as I decided to do a list a week, so, sorry if there are few repeats, I tried my best not to have that, but….

The ones that logged into my heart
 
 
Faith & Fidelity by Tere Michaels
We should add the trilogy here, ‘cause they were all good, but the first one was clearly renting for free (though I have read the last one the most)


Reverb by Jet Mykles
This is so different from her Heaven Sent series that it’s almost surprising and yet.... there’s something so deep it’s pulls you in and makes you fall in love.


Behind Iron Lace by Mercy Celeste
It’s just one of those straight to gay (sorta) stories that is so full of hopelessness that you can’t help but too devour.


The Making of a Man series by Diane Adams
It’s a sweet look at a relationship, when an age gap puts on of them in high school.
But more so, it’s a sweet set of books with a set of characters that make you want to cry, laugh and know as your own.

Most read
 
Freeze Frame by Mia Watts
With Caution by JL Langley (With Abandon close second)
 
 
Heaven Sent series by Jet Mykles
 
 
Double Time by Olivia Cunning
Dark Tide by Josh Lanyon
Let it Go by Mercy Celeste

Manga
 
Best series: One Piece by Eiichiro Oda & Bleach by Tite Kubo
 
 
Best Cover: Karneval by Touya Mikanagi
I really liked this book and really want the next, the its got a kickass cover, and they only get better
(this cover is better live, and the back cover is with it)
 
 
Most Surprising: Are You Alice? by Ikumi Katagiri
I read a few reviews and was waiting for a book that wasn’t strong and that I couldn’t get into. But I did, and I enjoyed it, though it’s not on top my list, it defiantly would get a grab buy if ever I come across the next one.

BEST Laugh
 
The Cat Meow (Assassin's Pride #1) by Stormy Glenn
It’s was just that well written and seemed to be taking the piss while standing up and giving you a read that was light, enjoyable and left you happy at the end of it.
I can’t wait for book 2, Poppy’s Pleasure!


The Holland Brothers series by Toni Griffin
I honestly can’t remember a book that had me in tears from laughing. The worst thing is that she meant for it to be serious, you can tell, which just makes it all the more funny.
I absolutely loved it for that.
best past, all the books names are a witty word play at the end of the book between the two MC's

My favourite / worst book cover owned
 (the favourite)
 
Night Creatures series by Marianne de Pierres
By the by I only got the last one this year, but there all to pretty, I couldn’t help putting them up.
 
(the worst)
 
Run Alger! Run by Stephani Hecht
Goading the Enforcer by Charlie Richards
A Promise Kept by Stormy Glenn


& for some reason, Refuge by Carol Lynne
The second is added, though I don’t own it, but for some reason they just…
rub me the wrong way
(maybe it's the art thing there trying to pull off?)

Authors I can’t get enough of this year (with best / worst book)
 
 
Jet Mykles: Faith
JL Langley: With Caution & The Broken H


Josh Lanyon
The Dark Tide & Fair Game / The White Night (couldn’t get into it)


RJ Scott
The Christmas Throwaway / Back Home (was horrible)


Stephani Hecht
In His Hero’s Shadow & Bagged and Tagged


Charlie Richards
Goading the Enforcer & Loving the Enemy / Fireman’s Carry (because it didn’t really start, for me, until page 80)


Diana DeRicci
Tougher to Love & Under one Roof / Together

Books that disappointed me
 
Blood (Mercian Trilogy #1) by KJ Wignall
I’m not sure what I expected from this book but I defiantly didn’t get it, especially when I wasn’t able to finish the thing.

Most Hatful

Eternal Hunger (Mark of the Vampire #1) by Lauren Wright
Seriously, this book was so much every other book ever written in that genre. Like she couldn’t think of anything new so she went ahead and took a hand full of books that went—‘that’ll do’. I’m surprised with myself for even finishing it, but at the end of it all I really wanted to have a bitch and you have to have finished it to be able to do that.
Ah, hell maybe I thought it would get better, that it would surprise me, or hell, give me an ending that wasn’t someone else. like really, you can write the same story over and over and it can still seem uniquely you, this book, seemed completely someone else’s, and that included the characters voices, that changed with the new paragraphs of the new book it took parts out of.

How about you? How’d your year turn out? Anything worth mentioning?

No comments:

Post a Comment