Smash it with a hammer!
While writing Annex I faced some of my worst writer’s block ever. My normal tricks weren’t working:
1. Work on something else to free up my mind: yeah right
2. Color something pretty to forget about it: ha!
3. Spend time with my interrupting cats: meh
4. Procrastinate by playing my favorite games: shesh
5. Talk it over with my sounding board: not happening
6. Ride my horse on a nice relaxing trail ride: nope
7. Take the dog to the dog park: sure
8. Clean: bah
9. Shop: by this point I forget that I hate shopping
10. Have sex: book? There’s a book?
By method number ten I was honestly starting to panic a little. One or a combination of these things had always helped me in the past. What was I doing wrong? Why weren’t my methods working! Why? Why! Why?!
I was doomed. Readers wanted this book. They’d been waiting for a long time. No more waiting!
Then it hit me.
I was stressing out about getting this thing done. Why? Because people had been waiting so long for this book. Once I calmed down and took a big breath writing Annex became a little easier (with Kash’s help of course).
If you’d like to learn more about Freeing Pain: Annex visit my website (www.LorRose.com) for my next stop on this tour.