Wednesday 21 September 2011

because I can


and I kinda like a good bitch of an afternoon, don't you guys?

So, if you haven't already read, I went into a book shop today, Dymocks, I'm a freakin' gold member, funny as it is, I like bought nearly the whole Dark Hunter series by Sherrilyn Kenyon, in one lot--I think it was nearly fifteen books, and before that one I bought the others, it was a fun month, but still, I bought all that and then stopped, and a month later I am a freakin gold member, funny as fuck, really. It’s like they want me to keep buying shit from them or something. 

But not the point, though really, rambling is something I'm good at and you all should know that by now. 

So I go into the three major places to buy book in the Plaza (Dymocks, Target and BigW) at least once a month, if not twice, just to see (promise, though mostly I come out with something or other, 'cause I'm a shit)

Sorry, it seems I'm in a mood and I'm having trouble not swearing, and here I am warning ya.

so I went in there and the books the things that jumped out at me were, Dark Predator by Christine Feehan, and it was in a shitty full size paperback, now this is why it's still in my head, because I hate full size paperback, I hate them so much that I have like three books I really want to get but I won’t for another year because I'm waiting for them to down size, mid size I love, small, can deal with but why oh why do we have to have full size ones. like really, I don't mind them if they were in hardback, but us Australians apparently love the full size paperback, or I was talking to my local book (Turning Pages in Springwood) shop lass and she told me that that what we like. She also told me it was because of the larger print. hell I a book, um... my last full size, ah, yes, Embraced by blood by Laurie London and the thing had font you would see in a ten year old book, no jock, I kinda thought it should have had pic's in it. 

so yeah, it's also not something I care all that much in, and yet I so do, mostly just when I want a book, and I'm not going to wait until it comes down a size, like... well, I only have two series, 3 now if you put in the one I was just saying, that I will get in full size, the others will just have to wait a little long, it's not like I'm not use to the waiting, while everyone is talking about them.

Anyway, the other reason that Dark Predator caught my eye and has stayed in my head is because this is a excellent way for me to show you how I'm not really an author fan rather a series fan. I don't like that series, I read the first one, Dark Prince and it was so... just the exactly the same as every other paranormal romance I have pick up that I was over the book by chapter two, and though I read the whole thing, I just couldn’t get over the fact that it... yeah, it just didn't do a thing for me. I...yeah. 

The thing is though I love her Leopard people series, they are awesome, and have become my books to look out for; I can't wait for the next one, and the one after that. It’s funny but it happens with all the authors that I'm a fan of; I only tend to like one of their series. Really, the only person that I have read more than one is J. R. Ward, and Gena Showalter cause I liked her Atlantis series as well as Lords of the Underworld. But I can't read her YA books or Alien Huntress series. There’s also Sherrilyn Kenyon, I love three of her series (dark-hunter, Chronicles of Nick, but then there really the same aren't they? oh, and her Belador series that she writes with Dianna Love) but I can't find myself wanting to read any of her others ones.

Anyway, you guys don't particularly care about all this shit, do ya? So I'll be off. Later