Friday 30 September 2011

Driving home


I have been looking at a lot of other authors’ blog sights lately and the one thing they all have in common is the fact that they all show thing that inspire them, and all that crap. You know the natural world when they go walking outside, when there blocked and all that. 

Unlike them, I don't do much nature crap. It’s not that I don't like the outdoors or that I wouldn't go out there with the family--hell I spent more time then not on family holidays going out looking for phantoms falls that were never there. And trails that led to nowhere in particular and my favourite is being sting by leaves. But I don't particularly find anything when looking at them, or when I'm out in the world. Honestly I'm the type that lives so fully in my head that it’s not the fact that I need inspiration for the story, just to write.

Saying this, on the way home today there was a shit load of traffic and so we were stopped at traffic lights that isn’t always stopped at, and saying this, I’m getting a brain twist and know I’m going to stuff all this up.

Anywho, I was sitting there, my son telling me how cool the birds in it were and I noticed for, I think, the first time that the background of the whole thing is a bush fire. Which is a big thing when your living in the Blue Mountains—or use to, really, the rain these last couple of years have been fucking that up, how I miss the smell of gum burning out of control in the local area.

I’m serious about the smell, not so much the out of control fire in the area.

Anyway, here are two photos of the picture; it was pained by a local school 


The other side of the tunnel is pretty cool to and when I can I will get a pic for that as well. but still, this one is an alright painting, and saying that it's mostly, just not my type of picture than anything. what I love is the fire in the background. 

this isn't all of it, the second picture that tree on the right is more complete and has an owl purched on it's branch.

Thanks for your time