Thursday 13 October 2011

thinking on a thought


Which isn't all that new for me...

I have been reading a lot of YA bloggers, and Adult ones, but I always like the YA ones better for some reason, not idea why but I do.

anyway, I find that when I'm writing, or maybe it's because I want to get into the role of an author, and I have a few YA books that I want to get out there--maybe it's more than they are more open about what they want, maybe it's because no one listens to them that they feel the need to over share on topics that really should be shares. Maybe it's just because that's what teenagers do. 

Who really know, and like I care, I love it. I love how enthusiastic the bloggers get about subjects related around books, and since they have just been doing banned book week, it's like there has been more thing spoken about what there is already on the shelves and what they wish were there, or weren't. And this is where my problems lie. 
 [spliced it because it's super long, warning]
 I really want to write a book that's both interesting, good and makes you want to tell the world about it. Get anyone there is to pick it up. But I'm a little behind. Most of my books are about vampires, and were's because they are the things that I love the most. and I'm finding that it's alright to keep on track with that if I were writing romances because (and not to offend) it’s a lot simpler to write a romance and have people love it even if it's the same over done story, just your twist, because the story line isn't as obvious, and I'm not talking about the falling in love part, but the main storyline.

And yeah, I actually find writing adults novels harder than YA's so I always think that it were I should stay. But I write because the stories there and I love it not because it's going to sell better. though saying that it's not like I don't want my story to sell, I would love to write and write until I die and honestly that's what I will do even if it's not the way I actually want it.

I find reading other author blogs that I'm not nearly as qualified as some of them. Hell, I didn't even finish High school, not really, to dumb for that. And I do actually mean that. I also will never, or I don't see why I would, go and do anything but four week workshops to improve myself. It's just the way things are. I'm dumb with an imagination that doesn't want to quit and fingers that never want to stop. Hell, I can't watch telly for even an hour without getting a pen in my hands and writing something or another. It’s the way I am. and I'd love to say that I could actually become a writing that I would be good at it, but then I read and blog about your thoughts of what's already out there and....

I have three stories that are an overplay of another, mostly I think because I think I can do better—no that doesn't feel right, maybe it's because... I don't know why, but my stories aren't original. 

hell, the one that I have written the most of (Teen-Hunt) other than making up the vampires way of things, and all that I have got the same story, over and over, only, well, it's ten books, one story and is more about the characters falling in love than anything else, because, well, mostly I thought why not. they have hundreds of adults novels out there that are just the same, a simple story line that works its way through like twenty books before it's resolved, and I always find that it's unfair that YA doesn't have real romance selection. yeah, there are romances, but they are mostly about the same character threw the whole series, rather than a group of characters, and why can't a bunch of teenagers all fall in love, it's actually what happens in real life. One of your friends starts dating and you find yourself looking around and everyone’s hooked up but you. 

saying this, it's what the books were always going to be like, I wanted to write teen romance, but I wanted them to be romances, like real ones, adult quality ones, without—obviously—the sex. hell I think only one of them will actually have sex threw the whole series, but, hey, I'm only up to book four, without being able to write book 3 because it's a resolving book not a romance. 

but I feel when I write them, or more so, while I was figuring out who was going to fall in love with who, what problems they were all going to face, in themselves because I can't figure out what they go through with the full plot until I actually get up to that. I found that there are a lot of different things that happen threw relationships, and a lot that I saw when I was in high school. Not only do the people in the relationship having a problem but the relationship itself. 

Okay, so though I shouldn't I will tell you what I have so far, in regards to it. since I don't know if you will even like the series, and it's not the first one that I will be putting out there, though it's the first one that will probably be finished, because no matter what I'm finishing this series. I love it so much. But I'm thinking maybe Nov you will find this one out for yourself. 

so the first book, is the stupid Romeo and Juliet thing, really, that's it, only when they finally get back together after breaking up because they found out what the other way (book one) they have to get through the whole, I don't want my family to know about you, which is book three, and honestly it's not coming on at all. I hated my friend that went through this; I didn't see the point in it all. Really, why do it? 

anyway so they are, book three is all about the fact that they don't get to touch each other at school (because of mutual friends not being allowed to know) in the afternoon, because of... well, you get it, they only have like one day to be together and when that day doesn't happen, it's frustrating and annoying and makes everything complicated. Added this and one wanting to just screw the whole thing and tell the world and the other half afraid of what will come of it 

(Actually saying this, it feels a little as to what a gay couple might go through when ones ready to come out and the other isn't, huh)

It book three and with it comes, you know, the paranormal stuff, the killing, the hunting, all that bullshit. But I'm finding it so hard to write. Being that book one is in the females view. Book three is the males. Mostly because I'm thinking that all books past book three might go into true romance style and have both parties in the one book. I'll see how things work, because as it is, it wasn't my intention. 

Anyway, you don't really care. So I'll stop. So book 1 & 3 are about that, but not only the 'they aren't meant to be together' but also what happens in the months to come, how hard it is to have that type of relationship. And it is, even if your friends now about it (which half of them do in this story) I've seen it happen. 

Book 2 & some of book 4 is about a relationship that in family friends, they are a different group and with that group and its magic comes their relationship. It’s like they have always known they were meant to be together—no that's not true. He has always they were meant to be together and because of the 5 year age gap, he had to let her go, and so this is him coming home and finding that attraction stronger, but they don't actually hook up till book 4.

Which is two other people’s story. This one isn't something everyone would go threw in their relationship, and yet it's not something unheard of. In lameman’s terms this one is about one half having to choose the other over its family. Though the whole concept around it is more blood and guts than anything else. 

Book 5 is where a different half of the books start, a slightly different story line, that we see a bit in book 3 but didn't really get into it. But this one is about the older woman. Him being under age (since of age for a male is 18) and her being in her early 20ies.

Book 6 is loving someone you don't want to love. Someone you shouldn't more an anything else. And if you knew a little more about the characters that one would make more sense than it does.

Book 8 is... actually this one hasn't really had all that much thought about it. More so because they character that is the lovee hasn't become more than a 2D character. It sucks but I have opted out of going into it until I get ready to write book 5.

Book 9 is the one where your friends don't like the one you've fallen in love with. 

Book 10, well, this one is about past lives and betrayal, and well, hasn't come out of the 2d effect, for the same reason book 8 hasn’t.

But you see, the books are still the same as everyone else, there isn’t anything all that new in them, except I created a difference in my vampires and werewolves cat. Mostly because I liked mine better and the way the characters now, the back-story of them needed something very different than what was going around originally. Though saying this, I only really describe them roughly, with a little dictionary at the beginning of each book. I’m hoping that the series won’t have to be read in order but the feel of them now is that you might actually have to do that, ‘cause it’s a specific story line, not something that can be.. I don’t know, ripped up and tossed around. But either way they characters will be there threw the whole series, it’s just going to have different perspectives.

And why am I...oh, never mind, I know the answer. I need you all to understand, and to like the idea, even if you probably won’t.

So thanks for the time
later

No comments:

Post a Comment