Monday 24 September 2012

REVIEW, Dark Visions by LJ Smith


Not all vampires are out for blood


    Prod dets
Dark Visions
The Strange Power, The Possessed & The Passion
Series: Dark Visions #1-3  
Pub:  bind-up, 2009 by Simon Pulse
Author: LJ. Smith
Genre: paranormal romance
Format: paperback (mid); 730p 3books
Age Range: YA

            Synopsis
Gifted and Cursed.
Kaitlyn Fairchild has always felt like an outsider. Her haunting eyes and prophetic drawings have earned her a reputation as a witch. But Kait’s not a witch: she’s psychic. Tired of being shunned, Kat accepts an invitation to attend the Zetes Institute, where she can study with other psychic teens and have a fresh start.
 
As Kaitlyn learns to hone her abilities with four other gifted students, she starts to discover the intensity of her power – and the joy of having true friends. But those friendships quickly become complicated when Kait finds herself torn between two irresistible guys. Rob is a healer – kind and gentle, he’s surrounded by good energy, while Gabriel is aggressive and mysterious – a telepath concealing his true nature.
 
Together, Rob and Gabriel’s opposing forces start to threatened the group’s stability, and when an experiment traps the five teens in a psychic link – a link that threatens their sanity and their lives – Kaitlyn must decide who to trust and who to love...

            Thoughts
Okay, so this book....well...
Here, let’s go back to what I first thought and well take it from there
 
This book was something the same, but very different then her Night world series. I felt that even though it was for the same age group, there was something a little more adult about it than the ones above.
 
The first book (mind, all three books are pretty much one), was the beginning, them at the new house because of their powers, only something off and Kaitlyn has to find out. When things go wrong, they end up on the run, and that in itself is a little bit boring, though the whole book is my favourite, I love the love that grows between two of the characters, even as one of them doesn’t want to see what she’s really feeling. The third is winning and the bad guys loosing, and seeing what’s really been there before.
 
Seriously, it’s like one of my fav’s though like I said, it’s got that younger audients feel to it.

I can’t disagree, that’s the thing, I think I’m struggling with when I’m trying to write this one up. I have nothing new to say. I love this book, it’s the type of book that needs to be read from start to finish and Smith has a way with trilogies that made each book interesting, their own, and so much a part of the other books that I think I would have gone a little nuts if I hadn’t read it as a bind-up.

All the characters in their web were individuals and they also worked together as a family they will always be. The love between Kyn and Gab was well written, even when she tried to complicate herself by looking at emotions that weren’t there.
You fall in love, you get frustrated and by the end you are rooting for them to pull their heads out of there asses and see what’s really there.

It made it a quite simple read that I couldn’t put down. And yet there wasn’t anything heavy. It was a great read and I’m glad to this day that I picked it up and read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment