Monday 12 November 2012

REVIEW, Double Time by Olivia Cunning

On stage, on tour, in bed, they’ll rock your world….

deets
Double Time
Series: Sinners on Tour #3
Pub: 2012, Sourcebooks
Author: Olivia Cunning
Genre: contemporary erotica
Format: paperback (mid); 399p w/ 37 chapters
Whose: Trey, Reagan & Ethan
Age Range: adult

Synopsis
HE CRAVES HER MUCIS AND PASSION
On the rebound from the tumult of his bisexual lifestyle, notoriously sexy rock guitarist Trey Mills falls for sizzling new female guitar sensation Reagan Elliot and is swept into the hot, heady romance he never dreamed possible.

SHE CAN’T GET ENOUGH OF HIS BODY
Ecstatic to be on tour learning the ropes with Trey’s band, The Sinners, Reagan finds she craves Trey as much as she craves being in the spotlight.

THEY BOTH NEED MORE…
When Reagan’s ex, Ethan Conner, enters the scene, Trey’s secret desires come back to haunt him, and pleasure and passion are taken to a whole new level of dangerous desire.

                   Thoughts
Okay, first a bitch, this was a book that felt to me like the end of a series, right in the middle, literally, all the characters are in it, all hooked up with who they are marrying, and yet, we hadn’t read their stories yet, and the whole time I kept on thinking…’why am I reading this now?’
What’s worse, the end paragraph reads: ‘Sinners had always been a family and it still was. Only now it was an extended family. With less beer. And more love.’
Come on, that’s a series ender if I ever saw one!

So this book started a year from the first book, but that isn’t clear until at least halfway through when they talk about Trey’s head scar (yeah, I got that far into, and it was that that makes me want to keep reading that book), I say this because it was actually something that bothered me, though it was with above, I just….this shouldn’t be book 3!!!

I really can’t get over this point and it’s a point that, who cares if that’s who people are liking at this time, this book should not, SHOULD NOT, have been here, it shouldn’t have even been put as the next on, but the fucking last one—or is Snared (#5) going to be after they hooked up? Or how it happened??
This is a big fucking point for me, and I loved this book, I love most books that are mmf, but this shouldn’t have been here.
Okay, I’ll try to get over it.

I really liked all three characters. It wasn’t a surprise to me that I would like Trey, really, he’s a awesome character, both his love and his sexuality and the fact that he is who he is, and that’s not going to change, even when he thinks he should give it a shot, a whim on a phone call. He then goes on to meet Reagan, a foxy tomboy, and now rhythm guitarist for Exodus End (man if she writes a spin-off for those boys, I’m in!), and they hook up.

The start-up of the relationship between Reagan and Trey is mostly hot fucking, with the added of being a secret that she’s not in on, and can feel… she knows something’s wrong, she just can’t put her finger on it.
Then the stalker plot, had her ringing her best friend Ethan, keeping him in the story as this part goes on. Showing the connection between them.

Chapter 20 is where it really starts up for me, but then I’m a fan of man love. So it’s a given.
Ethan enters the house when Trey is all alone.
In walks Reagan and it’s history all over again, only instead of what Ethan did, Trey had the grace to tell her about himself.
And the threesome begins.

I thought that it was written well when it came to the relationship and who the people where. Though Trey didn’t think he could love Ethan because of…well, you could see the affection and the love blossom between them as much as you could with Reagan. There were great part when all three of them got together.
The dungeon was a nice one. Along with their end session!
They had parts where it was just Ethan and Reagan, as well as Ethan and Trey where emotions were expressed and where things moved along.
They also had a great deal of struggle—at least Reagan—with the idea of her being in this relationship, which I thought was something that would come up. Especially with something who wasn’t bisexual. Someone who hadn’t before it was pushed into her face, that this was a possible relationship, nor something normal. I felt it was done well.

Reagan laughed. “[…]. The two of you are amazing separately and even more incredible together."

There were other things in the story that didn’t do much for me, example: I didn’t like that she seemed to forget who was the speaker of what part, especially, it seemed, with Reagan and Trey, which I found odd, since they were the only two speaking at the time, and then when it came to Ethan’s part, Reagan’s thoughts seemed to be pushed aside. I found that a little weird, though it’s a look back thing, I didn’t give a shit while I was reading it, but it’s a fact.
Second is stalker/hated fan thing that was going on. Though I can’t say it was any bigger than any—at least the first one, but even when it came in, and that there was a slight fuss over it, it seemed that it was forgotten a little too quickly for other things. And even when it seemed it was going to become a point, it was sadly pushed aside by feelings between the three. Then when it actually became a thing, I found it weird that it was the Sinner’s that stood there, even after Trey went to see if she was with the band, he mustn’t have actually gone all that far, because her band didn’t come out, only the Sinners, and that, even when I was reading it, became something that I thought was odd.
Why weren’t they there??

Last thing, something only related to the series, I will not be finishing Rock Hard, I couldn’t. I didn’t care about Sed enough in book one, but in book two, both him and Jessica—annoyed me.
I will try my hand at Hot Ticket, but it’s a BDSM, it’s not that I become uncomfortable reading it, I can, I find that it’s… I just don’t enjoy it. It’s not my thing, I don’t generally find anything fascinating, or hot about that life style.

Series
Backstage Pass, Rock Hard, Double Time, Hot Ticket, Snared
(added later) on GoodReads the listing is...
#1 Backstage Pass
#1.5 Appetite for Seduction
#2 Rock hard
#3 Hot ticket
#4 Snared
#5 Double Time

So why wasn’t it realised this way! So much better. For everything. Really people anticipation is a good thing, makes everything better once you finally received it. Worse, she says it all the time in these books, so why not let us read it that way?!

No comments:

Post a Comment