Thursday 7 March 2013

Hadn’t the Pleasure # 42

The books that have been collecting dust for so long they have become stained from it


On the scene of a multiple murder that’s grisly even for a veteran homicide detective, Brian Clifton is stunned when one of the victims bears an uncanny resemblance to his boyfriend, James. As the similarities keep piling up, so do the bodies...and the evidence pointing to James as the killer.

Since long before the shooting, James has been dishonest. He’s been evasive. Oh, and there’s that minor little detail he withheld from Brian about being a gambling-addicted drug dealer. He may not be the best boyfriend in the world, but he begs Brian to believe he’s no murderer. In fact, whoever did pull the trigger undoubtedly wants to finish what they started, and Brian is the only one James trusts to keep him safe.

But how much is Brian willing to risk to protect a man he may not even know?

 
Trust Me by LA Witt
(Cover Me #2)
 First published 6 July 2011 by Carnal Passions
 iBook, 246 pages
Contemporary Mystery Romance

“This is James, sorry I’m away from my phone, but leave a message and I’ll call you back,” Beep.
  I cursed under my breath and snapped my phone shut before dropping it unceremoniously into the cup holder. He’d left a voicemail this morning about going out tonight, asked me to call him back, and hadn’t answered his phone all damned day.

This is the main reason why I’m finding it hard to pick the book up. First part mystery—is Witt good enough not to bore the shit outta me? I have trouble enough with just first party. But a cop shop too, and does Witt do it believably enough that there’s something there other than fucking? If you know, please let us now, I’d like to find out if it’s worth my time?!

Series includes
Cover Me, Search Me

No comments:

Post a Comment