Thursday 15 September 2011

fingering threw blog's


Cause, really, what else is there to do...

It's also the one thing that I hate to do, as well as love. It’s mostly because, well, all those book I want to read and you are already reviewing them, there already on your shelves (store as well as home) and I still have to wait a goo month or two before I can even begin thinking about reading them. That’s if they even get on the shelves where I can come across them.

Ok, so it's not as bad as it use to be for me. when I first started reading, like full on reading, back in 2007, there wasn't all that many paranormal books out there for us - at least in Penrith, 'cause that's like... yeah, two hours from Sydney and it's the only book store that's big enough to have everything. And so whenever I really wanted a book I was stuck ordering it. There was no scanning the shelf for something to pop out at me. No looking at the back. all the books I wanted never really came out of America (yeah, a lot of them, I still don't have because there not published anywhere but the USA, I kinda like... those weird ones no one else seems too, or at least that's what I've found) and so I'm stuck reading all these books that everyone else likes, and yeah there great and all but... what about the other ones. 

It’s really what I hate the most. But not really what I wanted to get into on this post, sorry!

so the thing is that my blog sucks, compared to everyone else’s, and I sure it's not really all that bad, but I'm new to this and it takes a little to work out how to do a lot of things. Not only that, I do my blog like I am myself, no need to make myself out as more flash than I am. I'm messy, simple and would rather fly under the radar than get noticed, and yet I want you to notice (yeah, it's a girl thing, right. I don't want you to care, but you better!) 

So when I'm looking at these blogs I think - well, one, I have a way to push my books into a overseas market if they are any good and I can afford the shipping. But that's not something I might ever have to worry about. Two, is that I'm shit at reviewing books, really, shit, compared to all you reviewers out there, and I love reading your reviews even if it ends up being.. Well, we've already gone through that crap. 

but you guys are fabulous and I love reading you crap, your enthusiasm for books, you guys actually make me want to write, to shut out the world and get down to business so that I can write something that you can be proud to read. it's amazing how something as simple as reading  a review from a blog, or watching a vlog, or even just the crap you guys talk about in general about your life and how much books and involved in it all. I love it, and you make me want to join in, to created something that's worth reading and even more so, worth a space in your shelf.

it’s also somewhere that you can get information about the people that actually read your books, because every group of people has a spokes person and that one comes from who you read or listen to when your thinking about reading a book. And though I read reviews and watch vlogs more for the fact that I love the entertainment of them, I haven’t really found my voice in any of them yet. But you guys just good advice to people like me. The ones that want something more in their books, I know now not to make sure I put everything into certain aspects of my books – the love interest, so it doesn’t run flat, the villain so they are real, as well as someone you can even love or hate the feeling in them needs to be one way or anything. And more so that it’s finished, that the books satisfies you and more so the people that read it.

I learnt about what characters you like, why you like then, and what was missing, and when I read that book I can see it, and when I think about my own I can make them  more readable.

So thanks heaps for all your help and all the help you will give me in the future.