Saturday 8 October 2011

Blogs that Help

Okay, so this is where I go on and on about how I can't find anything that helps and doesn't. 

What doesn’t—book shop websites, and if you really think about that the shops themselves. There isn't all that much information about the books. Well other than the description of what the books about. but not if it's an adults novel and to what level, honestly I found that it's actually hard to find out if the book in question is even a middle grade (that's what they’re called right?) to what's young adult.

To be honest it was actually really frustrating, to me, the person who was looking for just that. I guess it's kinda a good thing if you’re a teenager and want a book that's a little older than your parents want you to read. Since it's not like simple research will actually tell them all that much. Or at least the simple research that I did, which wasn't really all that much. I do really suck at this.
Okay, so now, let's talk about the reviewer blogs that actually help you in this... 

All Things Urban Fantasy - I find that this one to be so discript when it comes to the books in question. 
          The genre, reading level, sexual content, and lots more information likes that. I find this is one of the few blogs that has so much information around the books, and is great for people who need the information, especially when they are thinking about moving on.


Siren Pubishing --The adults sight that I went to, I found it great, but you know this one was for adults, like erotica. here's a little bit of a discript...



 Shane’s Need (LOVEXTREME) [Great Wolves of Passion, Alaska 4]
by Kiera West, Melissa Schroeder
[Siren LoveXtreme Forever: Erotic Paranormal Ménage Romance, M/F/M/M/M/M/M, werewolves, light bondage, spanking] Shane has always been the joker of the Dillon clan...





I like ones that have this high level, though it's not that I want this type of thing for everything, hell, that would just be annoying. It's really good for the type of books that are...this high up on the sexual level, really no one wants to be surprised about what they find in their books. but as things go, this was one of the sights that came up good in the discription of what was in them.

though saying all this if anything has 'romance' on it, basically there's gonna be sex in it and it's mostly adults--though I have looked at things with that title and found them to be YA. Really anything that isn't descript as a YA novel, and I'm talking if they aren't in the specific YA section they mostly aren't YA, but then I have known some books that are YA and aren't in that section. It’s confusing as fuck but that's what you get when parents only bitch about the fact that people are referencing things in YA that they don't want us to learn, which has always confused me, since if we can't learn it by reading then we learn by doing, right? so why not let teens learn the goods and bad from a someplace that's still relatively safe rather than permanently scaring. (there isn't anything long lasting by learning it in book than by feeling it in life)

that's all I've got so far
Thanks for the time