Thursday 29 March 2012

REVIEW, Infamous


I am the power they can’t tear down.
I say I control my destiny and my life. No, nothing controls me. Ever.

    Prod dets
Infamous
Series: Chronicles of Nick, book 3
Pub: 2012, St. Martin’s Press
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Cat: paranormal fiction
Format: paperback (lar); 358 pp w/ 19 chapters
Age Range: young adults (12+)

                Synopsis
Go to school. Get good grades. Stay out of trouble. That’s the mandate for most kids. But Nick Gautier isn’t the average teenager. He’s a boy with a destiny not even he fully understands. And his first mandate is to stay alive while everyone, even his own father, tries to kill him.
   
He’s learned to annihilate zombies and raise the dead, divination and clairvoyance, so why is learning to drive such a difficulty? But that isn’t the primary skill he has to master. Survival is.
 
And in order to survive, his next lesson makes all the others pale in comparison. He is on the brink of becoming either the greatest hero mankind has ever known.  Or he’ll be the one who ends the world. With enemies new and old gathering forces, he will have to call on every part of himself to fight or he’ll lose everyone he cares about.
Even himself.


           Thoughts
Take a minute out of this to know that I read the adult Dark-Hunter series, by same author and so I have this all wrapped around that world and that Nick and everything that comes into that sorta stuff.
Anyway, this is a point every time I pick up a book in this series—the other too, but Nick’s a bastard in that one and you try not to remember too much of what he says.
And on we should go, this book actually explained some of those points, which is great, made it all make sense and let the world move around him in a different way than it was. That being said, I still know that things will happen, because they have to, and in this book that’s also explained.
Making me like it even more so.

This book is about hatred in the school ground and I think something that actually happens a lot more than you would think, though maybe not to this degree.
I actually really liked this book, it held the laughter that Nick had and more so the niceness that he is.
This also entwines his father and what he’s plans are, getting thoughts to roam as to what’s going to happen, not so much about Nick’s life, but just this series, since it’s not like this series is anything but....

Still, we meet Thorn, who unfortunately I have already meet, so this is something that’s not something that I should really talk much about, I’m sorry but I’m a fan of the adult series and for that reason alone the character, the new ones, aren’t really new.
Saying this, something Nick does in this book makes me have to think real hard. and then surprises me a little, wondering what’s going to happen or what the particular person really wants (this again, is coming from knowledge from the Dark-Hunter series and nothing more, which suck, but because that one’s so twirled around with the other I’m not really objective when it comes to this in the eyes of someone reading this as a first series. Which is actually a good idea to do, honestly, Kenyon’s writing and world is brilliant and it makes you think, laugh, and think. Really, she’s a smart lady and what she writes needs to be read.

Series
Infinity, invincible, [tb], inferno
☼☼☼

No comments:

Post a Comment