Friday 6 April 2012

REVIEW, the Darkest Kiss


She has tempted many men...but never found her equal. Until now.

    Prod dets

The Darkest Kiss
Series: Lords of the Underworld, book 2
Pub: 2008, HQNbooks
Author: Gena Showalter
Cat: paranormal romance
Format: paperback (sm); 368 pp w/ 24 chapters
Whose: Lucien (Keeper of Death) & Anya
Age Range: adult                                    

            Synopsis
Though she ahs hived for centuries, Anya, goddess of anarchy, has never known pleasure. Until Lucien, the incarnation of death – a warrior eternally doomed to take souls to the hereafter. He draws her like no other. And Anya will risk anything to have him.
    
But when the merciless Lord of the Underworld is ordered by the gods to claim Anya herself, their uncontrollable attraction becomes an anguished pursuit. Now they must defeat the unconquerable forces that control them, before their thirst for one another demands a sacrifice of love beyond imagining...


          Thoughts

This was the first Lords of Underworld series and truly, I fell in love, with both characters, still to this day, though I know more and like more, I love these two they are by far by favourite love story couples I’ve read.
This isn’t saying that I haven’t, and won’t say this line for many others, but Anya is a woman that knows what she wants and is very creative about getting it. But she also know that what’s there is more and what she’s will to give is less.
Yeah, yeah, I know that make no sense but I love them both, for who they are, for what they have become because of the past, that hasn’t been easy for reason that are totally their own.

I really liked how they got to know each other, how she pushed him to get to know her. how she was the reason he started to fall into something more than lust, but he’s hang-ups are more physical than her mental and when he finally gives in to her, he finds that she’s not as open as he thought she was, but it was too late for him.
It’s what I loved most, it wasn’t that they both went through the growth and understanding together, it was that she pushed him threw first and then he helped her threw hers.  
Throw in a story line that makes him have to keep her close and her to have to push them away.

I love this book, really, it’s truly the best of the series that I have read so far, and that’s saying a lot since it’s the second one and the rest are pretty spectacular as well.
Though I will say this, I didn’t read the first book, and even if I bought it (you know to finish my collection) I still probably wouldn’t read it. Mostly because I already know what happens in it, and with this second book I didn’t want to read the first one, I didn’t care enough about those characters.
To this day I still haven’t been able to really care about the characters in that book, even though all the other characters truly care about them. But...

First review: A head strong woman who can’t be penetrated without losing herself, and a man that is scared, both inside and out. Man, it’s an amazing story. Really what more could you ask for in a story. And more so, can you blame be for choosing this as my first story (saying this, I couldn’t get my hands in the first).
    
This story, it’s actually one of the best stories I have read in a really long time, and even though the books get better, this is such a good start that it’s almost a shame I can’t read it again for the first time. Saying all this, I haven’t really spoken about the book at all.
    
So this is so good. Really, it starts with lust, then a request to kill, which in all rights was a little bit of a mixed feeling towards it. Then the chase, the staying away (this doesn’t work all that well, Anya isn’t the type of woman to not get what she wants, ever) and then, when all is almost lost, everything is given.
    
It’s a great book, with a woman that can both make you love her and piss you off at the same time. She a woman that you wish you could be, though maybe not all of her.

Series
The darkest fire, The darkest Night, [tb], the darkest pleasure, the darkest prison, the darkest whisper, the darkest Angel, the darkest passion, the darkest lie, the darkest Secret, the darkest Surrender, the darkest Seduction,
☼☼☼

No comments:

Post a Comment