Monday 2 April 2012

REVIEW, From Dead to Wrose


Prod dets
From Dead to Worse
Series: Southern Vampire series, book 8
Pub: 2008, Gollancz
Author: Charlaine Harris
Cat: paranormal fiction (mystery)
Format: paperback (mid); 359pp w/ 21 chapters
Age Range: Adults                                           

            Synopsis
The supernatural community in Bon Temps, Louisiana is reeling from two hard blows: the natural disaster of Hurricane Katrina, and the manmade horror of the explosion at the vampire summit in the up-north city of Rhodes. Sookie Stackhouse is safe but dazed, but too many vampires – some friends, some not – were killed or injured, and her were-tiger boyfriend Quinn is among the missing.
    
It’s clear that things are changing, whether the weres and vamps like it or not. And Sookie, Friend to the Pack and blood-bonded to the leader of the local vampire community, is caught up in those changes. She’s about to find herself facing danger and death and, not for the first time, betrayal by someone she loves. And when the fur has finished flying and the cold blood has stopped flowing, Sookie’s world will be forever altered...


          Thoughts
And this is the book that lost all my interest in the series, and like last time it did it again. It wasn’t that it was bad, but something in it makes me....I donno, bored of the whole scene.
Mostly I think because it’s the end of a part in the series and the beginning of another, so there are loss ends that need tied, and get them, there are some that are left but you can tell they are needed to be, and a whole new set of problems and enemies and characters that are set to change the way things are done.
And of course there’s the problem that’s’ just for this book.

I do, however, think that my biggest problem with this book is the fact that Quinn’s gone and even though she’s faithful to him, you know this is the end of that handsome man and the relationship they are in. which sucks, I’m a Quinn fan more than any other character.
Though it does bring Eric back to the surface somewhat and you get to see the problems that he’s having that, well, are all about hearts and flowers and the fact that he wasn’t something he’s not sure he’s willing to put up with (sorta and I’m not really talking about her, here)

The new characters are fairies, and the part they are about to play goes directly into the next plot of the series. It’s not a plot I particularly like, but then I don’t really think it’s about the fact that there there or what’s happening, just that by this time I was over it, and honestly I don’t really care all that much about reading it again, though that could come completely from past thoughts and not this one. Still....

Really, I don’t know what I’m going on about, but this book was nothing special, it was also one of those books that I wished I didn’t waste the time reading, but then again, I know that it’s a good idea to read it because it’s an introduction into the two big problems that are about the fact Sookie and her friends.
Oh, and sweetly, Eric gets him memory back and that line, that small part is heartbreaking and makes you melt for him all over again
(I’m still a Quinn fan though!!!)

Series
Dead Until Dark, Living Dead in Dallas, Club Dead, Dead to the World, Dead as a Doornail, Definitely Dead, All Together Dead, From [tb], Dead and Gone, Dead in the Family, Dead Reckoning, Deadlocked
☼☼☼

No comments:

Post a Comment