Sunday 8 April 2012

REVIEW, Tempted by Blood


Deep within the forest of the Pacific Northwest, the battle for supremacy rages on between two Vampire coalitions: Guardian enforces sworn to protect humanity, and Darkbloods, rogues who kill like their ancient ancestors....

    Prod dets
Tempted by Blood
Series: Sweetblood, book 3
Pub: 2012, MIRA
Author: Laurie London
Cat: paranormal romance
Format: paperback (sma); 379 pp w/ 28 chapters
Whose: Jackson & Arianna
Age Range: adult

            Synopsis
He might be known for his effortless charm, but Guardian Jackson Foss is hiding a terrible secret. For months, he has battled the emergence of his dark nature—deadly urges that threaten to consume him. And those cravings only intensify when he meets Arianna Wells, the human he’s been assigned to protect.

Smart and perceptive, Arianna doesn’t seem like a dangerous temptress. Yet she awakens in Jackson an unstoppable need that, if left unchecked, will brand him a traitor....a crime punishable by death.

But soon their bond may be Arianna’s only hope. For stalking her in the shadows is a merciless enemy—one who will stop at nothing to claim her completely.


            Thoughts

This is the third book in the series, but I’m still a fan of book 2.
Yeah, what a way to get this started, but it’s the only thing I can think about.

Jackson is a killer character though, and I like that he was so different than what you saw on the outside, but it wasn’t like you didn’t already know that. To me at least there wasn’t anything that was, I don’t know, different.
I liked the simple context of their love. I liked that it happened swiftly and that it was a fact that it wasn’t going to last, even when they both wanted it too. That made it feel more real than a lot of books of this nature that I have read in a long time.
I loved the struggles that Jackson went through. I even liked that Ari was willing to go along with everything that she already had an inside take on it all and what ended up in front of her, though unbelievable, was more a chance to get answers she thought she’d never get.

The points that I didn’t like, and this is coming from the other books to, is that the story line is really simple, and this is one of the things that I absolutely love in most romance series, but this book? Every aspect of the plot, sub plot, the side stories of the main characters, everything about it was so simple and neat. It was as if we were only skimming the top of every part of this book.
at least I felt that way, like there just isn’t any depths in it, and yet the characters are well defined, almost as if they were friends, maybe it’s just the emotions, or the quick impacts and fast pace of the book.

Hell what do I know, really?!
I did, before reading the book, hell, before buying it, mostly because of the fact that I’m trying to find the blogs I want to read, see whose mind set sits similar to mine, I did read some reviews on this book before, and the one thing that keeps coming into my mind, now and while I was reading it....
Well, the sex scenes aren’t that hot. Yeah, they are for the players involved, but it was always a quick tumble in between the sheets. I found that the sex was more fast pace than the book and even though there was a lot....anyway, it wasn’t that great, though lighter than erotic with a swing towards that direction, I found that out of the three books so far, this one was the most...placid? when it came to the sex scenes.
I’m not talking held back, but like the rest of the book, there just didn’t seem to have that high tension level, like yeah the sex was there and it was the way it was because of the characters, and that’s how it would be, but...

Maybe it was this time I was reading it, like I wasn’t fully into the idea. Maybe it’s all me. Or maybe there was just a bit of passion missing from this book then from the last one. I sure as hell thought it was lacking it.

But again, whatda I know. Shit all really.
I do believe that if you’re a fan of her last two books that you should pick it up. I don’t in any way wish the hours back, and I would read it again, it was good. Interesting and full of all the characters from before, so you get to have looks at them.
It’s sweet and at one point it does squeeze your heart a little.

Oh, the one thing that was great and a point everyone else seemed to make. Her blog, and her passion and feeling about it. It was the realest thing in the whole book and it was great to see that. To have that be a huge part of the storyline.

Series
Bonded by Blood, Embraced by blood, hidden by Blood, [tb], Seduced by Blood,
☼☼☼

No comments:

Post a Comment