Thursday 14 June 2012

Hadn’t the Pleasure # 6


The books that have been collecting dust for so long they have become stained from it


Harper Blaine was your average small-time P.I. until she died - for two minutes. Now Harper is a Greywalker - walking the line between the living world and the paranormal realm. And she's discovering that her new abilities are landing her in all sorts of 'strange cases.'

But for Harper, her own case may prove the most difficult to solve. Why did she - as opposed to others with near-death experiences - become a Greywalker? When Harper digs into her own past, she unearths some unpleasant truths about her father's early death as well as a mysterious puzzle. Forced by some very demanding vampires to take on an investigation in London, she soon discovers her present troubles in England are entangled with her dark past back in Seattle - and her ultimate destiny as a Greywalker

Vanished, Kat Richardson
(Greywalker, #4)
Published August 4th 2009 by Roc Hardcover
Adult, paranormal mystery
Series includes
Greywalker, Poltergeist, Underground, Labyrinth, Downpour, Seawitch

the why’s
This was actually the first book from this series that I bought, and I did that in like...I don’t remember, 2009 or someshit. So it’s been sitting there waiting for longer than most. It’s one of those series that I just couldn’t start from book 4 (well maybe I could, but it didn’t feel right) so I ordered in the first book, randomly found the second before ever reading the first and then found out that crime isn’t really my thing, nor is a first person series with no other voice.
The worst part or maybe this is actually good. because I ended up reading book 2 for the only challenge I’m in (though badly, not that I’m not reading the books, or posting but I forget to link up mine with the blog that started it) and it’s gotten in my head, since I have actually read a few parts, lines, and maybe, just maybe a chapter or so of this book, so there’s things I want to find out and having read the other two books I know it comes in the book 3, so it’s making me want that one, and because I’ve started this book, added with the fact that it actually has an interesting theme to it (a reason I got it back then), well, I want to read it, badly. But......
☼☼☼

No comments:

Post a Comment