Monday 2 July 2012

REVIEW, Bloodline by Maggie Shayne


She has no memory of who she is....
Or what she has become

    Prod dets
Bloodline
Series: Wings in the Night series, book 13
Pub: 2009, harlequin books
Author: Maggie Shayne
Cat: paranormal romance
Format: paperback (lar); 316 pp w/ 22 chapters
Whose: Lilith & Ethan
Age Range: adult                                             

            Synopsis
Lilith awakens cold, naked and alone, knowing nothing – not even who she is – except that she has to run, run for her life... because someone is after her.
    
When Ethan discovers the terrified woman hiding on his property, he knows immediately who – and what – she is. He’s never forgotten her; not in all the time since his escape from The Farm, a CIA facility where vampires are bred into killing machines.
    
Now Ethan and Lilith must fight to keep their hard won freedom – and save those that were left behind. Their only choice is to go back to the dark place where it all began.


            Thoughts
Lost in a world, and body she doesn’t know Lilith set off, running from mysterious men with guns in a black car, she heads in a direction she doesn’t know, towards a pull of something she’s not quite sure of. But she’s sure it’s where she’s meant to be.
But when Ethan gets a look at her his heart stops because he knows everything, right up to where she’s been and what she is.
When she gets her memory back she finds that she’s left too much behind and even and she’s determined to go rescue all that left at the farm.
Ethan doesn’t want to woman he loves to risk all she has for the sake of people who don’t want to be rescued but he knows it’s useless to argue with her and tries to help. Only to have her slip from his grips because of a promise he broke.
But still, Ethan is determined to keep the love of his life alive and so he’s off to find her and bring her home safely, if only it was going to be easy.

This was the first adults book that I read (I’m pretty sure), it was also the book that made me crave finding more of her stories, because, even know, that I’ve gotten more....cultured, yeah, that’s always a nicer why of putting things when it comes from sex, right? I still believe and take the time to read Shayne’s work because she has a way with her sex scenes, though unlike a lot of her other books in this series, the this really wasn’t the book to pick up and if I wasn’t as old as I was, and if sex wasn’t as interesting to me as it is, I think that it might have intimidated me.
There’s a lot of it, all at once, and even though I couldn’t, then and still can’t really see it, I understand the whys, it fit both characters perfectly.
Hell the whole story did. And as you can tell it’s something about sex to me, this book, like a virgin holding on to strongly to the person who popped there cherry.

 This read was a little different than the first time, I will say that that buzz and dreamy eye still held a lot to me through the pages but the sex didn’t hold me and even though I have read it a lot it was different this time because it was nothing and I just read over that like in every other sex scene and only really focused on the main plot.
I’ve already loved that part, the whole ‘Farm’ thing, though that would have be better understood if I had read the series, and yet, I’m so glad when first reading it that I didn’t know.
The way both characters are and the what’s that were happening worked a lot better with me the first time because I didn’t know anything about this world and because of that it made things a little less forthcoming as it would have if I had read this in series order.

This is also one of the first books, and still to this day, one of those books that makes you fall in love with both characters. You see from the start that they are perfect for each other.
I loved them both from Lilith rash and running into the wind without thinking and yet she was always seemed more worried about others than herself, which was her from the start and one of the things Ethan loved about her when her heard what she done and saw her for those moments between the links in the fence.
Ethan was the solid one in the relationship, worrying about things and making sure she didn’t kill herself along the way. But he wasn’t weak or uncaring, and he held himself up to her level when the times where needed.
You just couldn’t help yourself from falling in love with both characters for every different reason and all you wanted was for them to live happily ever after.
Best thing is it’s a romance so you know there gonna.

Series
twilight Phantasies, Twilight Memories, Twilight Illusions, Born in Twilight, Twilight Hunger, Embrace the Twilight, Edge of Twilight, Blue Twilight, Demon’s Kiss, Lover’s Bite, Angel’s Pain, Prince of Twilight, Bloodline, Twilight Prophecy, Twilight fulfilled
☼☼☼

No comments:

Post a Comment