Monday 28 January 2013

The Dark Angels: Tied Together by Z. Allora

              deets
Tied Together
Series: the Dark Angels #2
Pub: January 2012 by MLR Press, LLC
Author: Z. Allora
Genre: Contemporary Erotic lite BDSM Romance, m/m
Format: iBook; 190p w/ 21 chapters
Whose: Josh & Robin

                        Synopsis
As part of the rock sensation, The Dark Angels, Josh and Robin Strider have the fans calling them "The Twins". Although they're not blood brothers, growing up together has given them a special bond that was challenged when they were thrown out of their home. Surviving and being saved from life on the streets makes Robin cling to brotherly ties that don't exist.

One night with friends opens the doors to what Josh has always wanted — Robin's body and heart. If Josh learns to master Robin's inner submissive, he'll be able to give Robin the security he craves. But can rumors from Josh's father unravel the ties between Robin and Josh or will a collar and love be enough to tie them together?



 
The Thoughts
So, this is like all other music, or band books—at least that I have read, honestly it’s not much, but it’s like a romance that happens to have the main characters in a band. There isn’t much…well…music, not really. Not like you would hope, not like…actually, the best book I have read with a musical aspect, which really drove that note of music was Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater.
So basically, what I’m saying is this might have had that aspect, the concept that they were in a band, but it wasn’t about that, wasn’t about more than they two main characters.

Okay, so this was about two guys who grew up together and from such a little age Josh had loved Robin and wanted him for something more than just a brother only Robin can’t see past his fear, or something, and so he keeps pushing Josh away.

It was actually a bit repetitive, maybe that’s why I’ve fixated on the lake of music, of fan threw the book. They hooked up, Robin backed off Josh let him while bitching that he was doing it. it was touching, yeah, but repetitive, in more than just this type of book.

I enjoyed it all, though I felt as if I was missing parts of their personality that would most likely (god I hope) came with the first book. I missed that getting to know them part, that just didn’t happen in this book. I’m not saying that I needed to read the first book first, I didn’t, I’m pretty sure I got all the main points told in this book. I understand their relationship, and how they hooked up, but I felt it was them as people, them… I don’t know, but it’s that part where they actually show more of them because they need to show it, whereas this book didn’t have that. I understood them eventually, but I felt I was missing that meeting part—which is one of the only things I would, and feel lacking from missing book 1.
I think even seeing Josh and Robin threw other eyes would have played a bigger point in this story. Would have added a dimension that was missing from not reading it.
Again, I don’t know, maybe you wouldn’t. This could be how Allora writes, but it felt finished, like it was there, but just…..

I missed that it was only in Josh’s POV. I would have loved to have gone into both minds, but saying this I missed nothing. Robin broad casted everything so brightly that it was a shame, because you read it not understanding, while understand why Josh couldn’t see it too.  Why he didn’t, I don’t know, man up sooner.
But then the story would have only been half as long.

The twist at the end was actually quite good. Not that you couldn’t see it coming, or that you didn’t know what was happening, and you wanted to see what was to be said too. And then BAM there’s something…more, and that was truly beautiful. Making you happy, for the boys.

I really liked the book, and honestly can’t wait to read the next, Dusty---shit, that’s going to be a story. I can’t wait. Really. Already fallen for him. Already a fan.
 

—oh, and one more thing I missed. What they looked like was lacking without the first book. There was no real, full on description of what all the characters looked like. Just throwaway points that are there main aspects, which was why I wasn’t sure if it was there in the first book or not.



Series
With Wings, Finally Fallen, Happy Hanukkah
~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment