Saturday 25 January 2014

Memoirs of this Delusional Writer #38

Starting paragraph
Paul hated this feeling inside of him. The guilt of not being able to take this away. Of not being able to say anything to make him feel better.
Love without Knowing It, page 9

What I’ve done
·         Done. Love Without Knowing it         
·         Wrote a short monster story
 
The Excuses
·         Its school holidays
 
The Short List (of shit I have to do)
·         #1, Assassins Union : Hunting a Traitor                      working on, slowly     
·         #7, Moonlit Wolves : Protecting my Werewolf         
·         Falling in Love with this Forever                                 plotting / start
·         That’s Different… : Questioning an Answer
·          
The MUST List
·         Trusting Your Eyes
·         #6, Moonlit Wolves : the Rub of my Werewolf
 
 
Thoughts for Thoughts
2,612w Love Without Knowing It
·         it’s actually kinda hard to start a story like this one, with them having sex, and yet having the problem of something wrong as well.
·         Chapter 1 (paul); 1,252 words
·         Now, should I change to Matt, but then I’d have to go into his fears even as this is happening… hell, I might just stay with Paul and see if Matt’s going to have a voice, or if I’m going to just live with this story as them being the observer, the caretaker, it may mean more. Or be more relatable this way. ‘cause I can’t see anyone with prostate cancer reading this book, might bring up to much memories they’d like to forget.
·         Chapter 2 (paul) 1,173 words
·         So, I’m up to the doctors. I was going to have Paul go in there with him, but have decided that I’m just going to have it be after he gets out. but I still feel I’m going to get this part all wrong because it’s doctor-ey and technical, and I’m shite at that shit.
·         Chapter 3 (paul) 1,095 words – written today
·         400 words, this time round. Getting my nails ripped off would have been much more pleasurable then trying to write today
o   +  3,844words tonight
·         Chapter 4 (paul) 1,271 words
·         I’m getting up to a part that I’m not sure I’m going to be able to write. Not without someone else’s advice.
·         Chapter 5 (paul) 1,123 words
·         I have created a key for this one, because of the medical facts I don’t know and can’t seem to find. Blue highlights are for wrong words. It’s a fact when your shit at spelling, you need to ask someone else when you have no clue how to spell it, and green highlight for information that needs information check and probably change, but I’m aware of this and am making sure that I can change it without fucking up the whole storyline.
·         Chapter 6 9 8(paul) 1,113words
·         2,513 words this time
·         Chapter 7 10 8(paul) 1,010 words –took a few days but finally finished it
·         Funny enough, I am putting in another sex scene. Well, it’s a blowjob from Matt before bed. but that’s still sex, right?!
·         Chapter 6 (paul) 1,131 words
·         I decided that the relationship part would work better as the end of this little story. and being as I’m leaving it with a possibility for a sequel later if I wish it would work well to have that open up a few questions.
·         Chapter 7 (paul) 1,037 words
·         So, how everything’s going I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to write a chapter 8 or what’s going in there…hmm… I may have lied, but it seems I can’t have the relationship convo because that’s later, and I’m not going to be able to write two chapters on comforting him and all that. Maybe one, but not two.
·         Though, I’ll write what I can, if it’s one or two, and I’ll give it to Cathy to read. Maybe I’ve missed something that needs to be there.
·         Chapter 8 (paul) 000 words
·         It seemed I was able to get the right amount of chapters so hopefully I’ll have the right amount of words at the end to make it decent but not long. The last thing I want is to make this a long story.
·         I just hope I’m able to write 1k for the hospital stay. Shit. This is the part that’s going to get rough. ‘cause I’m just not sure what I’m meant to see, or how it’s meant to be. crap. I was always the one sick, I’ve never had to—wait, my son. I had to see that, but he was really little, it probably wouldn’t be the same.
·         Nah, this isn’t happening, at least for the first draft. I’ll see what Cathy says and talk to her about it, and then I’ll add it if it needs more!!
·         It’s done! 10,206 words, 9 chapters
·         So, it didn’t take me long to realise that I need chapter 8 to be in there. we can’t just that big a time period. It’s just… not working for me. I don’t get my ‘finish’ buzz and it’s annoying the crap outta me. So...
·         So, chapter 8 (paul) 1,061 words –done this time
·         Now, I’m done—at least until I hear from Cathy
o   Done, really done, until Cathy tells me otherwise
o          11,268 words, 10 chapters
 
1,252w the Rub of my Werewolf (Moonlit Wolves #6)
·         I’ve just realised that I probably should have started this book off on a prologue since that moment and the rest of the book are months apart. But looking… I know, in my head that it is, but I can’t remember if I’ve written it as it is. Shit. Now I’ve gotta have a re-read (printing time)
·         Chapter 4; 1,952 2,102 words
·         I don’t like what I have, rather than work of something that isn’t working, I’ve backtracked, took off 937 words.
 
2,626w Ghosts of Swamp Creek
·         Wrote this scene for a fb friend, a blog story
o   Need to re-read than send it off to her. asap.
·         This was so much fun to write. I kinda wanna write another.
 
Thanks for the time
Me

No comments:

Post a Comment