Thursday 29 December 2011

when I look back

So, I have been noticing that a lot of people are doing a look back over the year and giving us there favourites out of the lot of them. You know, the different genre and all that crap. 

Well, I thought, well, it wasn't pleasant because I'm not in the best of moods, and more to the point I like the idea but didn't. so instead of that crap I'm going to tell you the books that are most rememberable, being that in the next couple of days I will be doing a post of all the books that I have read this year and going over that list I hadn't realised that I had read half of them, mostly because they just were....well, they didn't hit it with me, even though I liked them a lot while reading them. 

So my most read book of 2011 was.....

Envy by J. R. Ward, book 3 in the Fallen Angel series: this isn't the book that made me like the series just as much as her Black Dagger Brotherhood series, but it's the one that has it all--I think. both the falling in love story line was good, but so was the warrior angels (you know Jim's), shit it was heartbrakeing as well. but the heavenly angels are more in it, too. all of the semi plots are magnificent and it makes a book that's readable no matter when the last time you picked it up last.

The Vampire Dimitri by Colleen Gleason, book 2 in the Regency Dracluar trilogy: this was also one of those second books that was surprisingly better than the first and even more so, it was such a book that makes you love it even if you aren't quite sure why--seriously, I have read it book a number of time for many different aspects of the book.

 A Hunger Like no Other by Kresely Cole, b1, Immortal After Dark series. this just seems to be the book that I love from the series, though the second one--No Rest of the Wicked, comes close.

ummm... next I the series that I have read the most.
The Leopard People series
Fever, Burning Wild, Wild Fire & Savage Nature by Christine Feehan--really, I have read the whole series that many time that I can probably recite it.

 Blood Trinity & Alterant by Sherrilyn Kenyon & Dianna Love are by by my fav series of the year, they are also two books that I have read alot because they are just great. and the thrid book Cathbad's Curse is one of my most antisipated waits so far!

the books that surprised me....
In the Arms of Stone Angels by Jordan Dane: because it was just soooo good. there wasn't a moment that was boring enough for me to remember anything but the greatness of the book. 

Angel by L. A. Weatherly because it's was surprisingly good and the fact that I loved it even though it was about angels was surprising and though I have the second book it's got like 700 pages and so to read it you have to have a lot of time. 

the Dead Girls' Dance by Rachel Caine. this is book 2 in the Morganville Vampires series and I was surprised because I didn't expect myself to like it as much as I did. it was a reluctant read because I thought the characters would annoy me but they interest of the book was great enough to make me not care so much about the rest.

then there were the books that disapointed me a little....
I think mostly because I worked myself up to much before reading them.

Hit List by Laureel K. Hamilton this is book 19 in the Anita Blake vampire series. it disapointed me because there wasn't enough in it. the climax seemed to be washed away under nothing more than her most boring and supid of killers. really, I feel that Hamilton shouldn't have wrote this book if she hadn't been in the mood because it's seemed to lay very flat for what should have been a very climatic ending, instead of a in one minute and out the next. I do hope her next book will be better, but unlike any fears of this one, it's a new start and I have no hope of care what happens next. really, she's got a bit of a clean slate to head back to normal grounds for Anita. 

Lover Unleashed by J. R. Ward. this is book 9 in the series and I'm not going to get into the why's of this book and my thoughts because they will comes around March 23 because I'm going to be following DarkFaerietales & LiteraryEscapism's read-a-long.  I will re-read the books and post my review either just before that date of after it. depending on how things go with there first one--that starts on Jan 6th. 

my most hateful books of 2011 are....

but I haven't at all made this a secret.
Personal Demon's & Original Sin by Lisa Desrochers, these are the first 2 books in the series of the same name (as first book) and I hated every moment of reading them. all the characters annoyed the crap out of me. a little at first and then more so when we went into the next book. 

people just appeared out of nowhere half the time and Franky was just a badly done rip off of so many other YA characters--really, she was meant to be a outsider with the aditude of a cheerleader. it just didn't work.

what I hate most about this series is the fact that I want to know what happens in the next book. really. but I will never put myself threw the torture it was to read these 2. and I'm really sorry Lisa, but these books sucked and they could have been so good, if only you spent a little more time on actually creating the characters around your so that there inner thoughts matched there persona. though I did like the demon guy, the most, which isn't saying anything because he annoyed the crap out of me too. 

so there you have it. the whole looking back over 2011.
 Thanks for the time

No comments:

Post a Comment