Thursday 9 February 2012

Book Chat: Discarded Books #4


where I talk about the books that have fallen off my shelf


Some Angels are destined to fall. 


    Prod dets
Fallen
Series: Fallen series, book 1
Pub:  2009, Random house Children’sbook
Author: Lauren Kate
Cat: paranormal fiction
Format: paperback (mid); 452 pp w/ 22 chapters
Age Range: YA                                                 

            Synopsis
instant. Intense. Weirdly familiar...
    
The moment Luce looks at Daniel she knows she has never felt like this before. Except she can’t shake the feeling that she has... and with him – a boy she doesn’t remember ever setting eyes on.
    
Will her attempt to find out why enlighten her – or destroy her?

Series
[tb], Torment, Passion, Fallen in Love, Rapture, 


What I got out of it
First review: so it’s about, well, fallen angels, and a girl who keeps reincarnating every seventeen years to meet and fall in love with Daniel. Or that’s what I got.
           
But dark forces are out to keep them apart, shadows that she has been able to see her whole life, and only this one, keep putting her in danger and kill all that are around her.
           
So it was a great book, written well, story even better, and even though I will not read any other from this one, it doesn’t mean anything. This book was good. Slowish but good. I’m just going by the fact that fallen angels aren’t really my thing.

Why I didn’t keep it/follow the series: I knew that I wouldn’t enjoy her character for a long go. Luce annoyed me in ways that I knew would ruin a series. It wasn’t anything particularly that she did, maybe I found her too teenagerish, but I’m not...I couldn’t....yeah, it just wasn’t something I was willing to follow to the end.

I did however give this book to a teen I know, and she loved them, loved the series, she read them all (at least all she could at this point) said they were great, really enjoyed them, and everyone else will agree with her (which is why I’m calling on the age thing).

I know, however, that the books were a little fiffy—I thought, from reviews, that you either loved them or you don’t. And I didn’t want to ruin the first book by hating the second, especially when the second was said to be the same book done over, and the one after that a massive flashback, and then, I think, it goes back to present in the later one, or something, really I don’t know, this info comes from what I skim in other people reviews.

But what do I know, I’ve never read them, and I don’t plan to, but this first one was good, worth the time to read it, and if you do, and you love it, then you will probably love the series.

Also, because I think it’s important, I absolutely love this cover, or at least I like it most before every other books had the same type, but I did like it, I think it’s pretty and if I didn’t have to get it off my shelf, because of lack of room, I probably would have kept it just for the cover.
☼☼☼

No comments:

Post a Comment