Monday 6 February 2012

In Motion 0.5

Let’s start this thing up. I’m going to start off with..

Theoretically Speaking
Monsters Inc. series, book 1
Adult, dystopian paranormal crime
(hopefully)

This one is like the second book I started thinking about. It’s also the one I done the most work with. But that’s not important at the moment; you want to know more about this book, read this!

So let’s me tell you the key things about this book and what I have already done. And then maybe what I’m...Nah, that one I have already spoken of, but this book I have written the most of. Nearly as much as the two books that I have finished.

Okay, so this is the only book that I have that has 3 tries at it. Yep, I’m onto my 3rd re-write of the same info that I originally wrote, and yet I haven’t gotten to the main part yet.

So I wrote this book out for the first time, all these pages where written in like 2 days (when I was writing from like 9am to about 11pm, with only little brakes in between to feed the kids and...dinner I think was the only things I ate. So;

           First write had 46 pages (single spaced) and I was into the eighth chapter. Mind you, I only want this book to have at the least 150 pages, in book print so it’s good that I have that many pages. And I’m up to the investigating of the hunt that’s to come.

The starting paragraph: the ally in which I stood with all the other cops was dark, even with their lights, showing the corpse of a woman laying near the wall behind a skip, there wasn’t much in the way of it being hidden, far from it, the thing just seemed to want some privacy while it ate at the flesh of the carcase.

         The second write threw I went with the fact that my Nan doesn’t like thing written in first person and being that I still wasn’t sure about the way I was writing I tried it in third.
This one lasted 29 pages (single spaced) with my just starting onto chapter 4.

First paragraph: the ally in which Keegan stood was nothing flash. Something like a walkway, only enough space to have two regular size, or one fat boy walk through, comfortably. It wouldn’t have felt so cramped, so full if it wasn’t for the fact that it was getting dark and so there were lights as well as many cops as they could cram into the area.

         The 3rd write is the one I’m happiest with and back in first person.
So far I’ve re-written, using both of the previous copies, plus new shit that just went better than their places. 24 pages (single spaced) and more than into chapter 3 (maybe nearly finishing it). I do have a big space missing where there is meant to be a quick sex scene but I’m still not sure how that’s going to pan out. Mostly I’m a little afraid to put it there and yet its needed and there isn’t much I can do to make it not so. Really I’ve tried three times now, and still, the sex is needed.  

First paragraph: Dark bricked walls, gray concert under foot that was already eating away at the blood that dripped from the woman’s body at my feet.

At the moment I’m up to the part where we go over all the paperwork, it’s boring, and yet interesting and we need it for anything to make sense, but still....though, at least I have it already written down, I just have to change it so that it fits with this new voice that I have (or at least tone she using, her voice or looks have never changed for me). Then we get to go visiting a house, and learn about house magic and all that. And then we get out on a deserted part of the road and Keegan goes talking to Ghosts, so we learn about them. Then a trip to a strip club for a drink that turns out bad. Sunlight. Then the hunt really begins.

At least that’s all I have so far, about up to the strip club and an idea of what’s going to happen there, but I haven’t written that part once, I’ve only made it to the Ghosts, that’s it.

Well, that’s it at the moment, that’s what I’m heading into, these won’t be as much when I do a finish one, which will be at the end of the week, actually Friday night, maybe even...ha, I’m not sure when I’ll do one, but it should be at the end of the week, not the beginning, who cares what I’m going to be doing, let’s talk about what I have done. Though, when I get to a new book I might do this again. So that it’s out of the way and all that crap. So you know....um, yeah, maybe not. Really I don’t know, I’m new at this crap, so we’ll see how it works itself out.

Thanks for the time

No comments:

Post a Comment