Wednesday 28 March 2012

REVIEW, Invincible


 (first read: 19/April/12)
I am the Power they can’t tear done.
I control my destiny and my life. Nothing controls me. Ever.

    Prod dets
Invincible
Series: Chronicles of Nick series, book 2
Pub: 2011, St. Martin’s Press
Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Cat: paranormal fiction
Format: paperback (full size); 309 pp w/ 20 chapters
Age Range: young adults (12+)

                Synopsis
When teenager Nick Gautier was saved from almost-certain death by mysterious warriors, he had a feeling his life was set to change. Fighting the undead has taken the place of fighting with his teachers (well...almost) and Nick is learning to rely on his powers to protect the world from evil he could never before have imagined.
    
Then, just when he thought things couldn’t get any worse, he wakes up to find himself enslaved in a world of shapeshifters and demons out to claim his soul. But more than that, he’s being groomed by the darkest of powers and if he doesn’t learn how to raise the dead by the end of the week, he will become one of them...


            Thoughts
So it starts right off the last one, like really its starts with him running through the house after finding out his boss was a vampire, which is what was happening in the last sentence from the first book.
    
To me, it was better the first book. it only took me a couple of chapters before I could get my head out of the adults books and what she was going to do about that and put my mind only on this book. She let me make the difference something that made this book interesting in a way the first couldn’t. And that was only because I was to suck in the dark-hunter series.
    
So it’s more about his growing powers, more plots to make him evil, but at least now he knows what his destiny is and his in the mind frame to be able to change that. Unlike...yeah, not going there, sorry.
    
It was quite a good book, coming straight off the last it’s the better side of nick that any dark-hunter fan would love to see again, and though it’s got a ‘how’ part in it, that probably want come forward until he’s ready for that hurtle, which could be the last book.
    
But it’s a great book, and makes you really want to read the next, no matter what age you are.

Series
Infinity, [tb], infamous,
☼☼☼

No comments:

Post a Comment