Friday 29 June 2012

re-REVIEW, City of Bones


    Prod dets
City of Bones
Series: The Mortal Instrument, book 1
Pub: 2007, Walker Books Ltd.
Author: Cassandra Clare
Cat: fantasy & Magical realism/fiction
Format: paperback (mid); 442 pp w/ 24 chapters
Age Range: YA

                Synopsis
When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder -- much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing -- not even a smear of blood -- to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know. . . .

Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clare's ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end.

      Thoughts
I read this book mostly because of the hype that came from it. it sounded good and the review that were coming from them made it more so. It’s actually one of the first books I read because of reading other peoples blogs.
This fact also make the series better for me since the 3 book was only just been released by the time I picked up the first.

Not that that really matters at this point, right?
I’m actually telling you this because even though everything about the book called for me to read it, because of the hype and the way I found out about it, made me a little hesitant about reading it. I wasn’t sure if id actually like it, but god did I.
I think though it helped that she’s a great writer, I remember when I was first reading it thinking that it was written like the Harry Potter series, not so much the same, but like her in a way that she transported you into her world and took your breath away.

I loved this book.
It was so well put together and the characters thought out in a way that you could tell things were lining themselves up for the next book. and because of that it made it more real, though I found at time that I was trying to think too far ahead, like I was trying to figure out what the end points where going to be rather than going with what’s happening with in this book.

Jace and Simon’s were great they were the type of male that were both opposite to each and yet the same and the play as both of them tired of Clary was great. I liked the hurt, anger, and want from both these characters, and even though the shock in this book did come as a surprise it was a waited one, like you knew something big was going to stuff around with the characters and even though it was a bit of a shock it wasn’t surprising in a way that shocked and awed more so a ‘oh, that’s what’s happening’.

Clary annoyed me, because of that airy head she had when it came to the people around her and yet she wanted to know everything. It’s a typical character in any book, like a female can’t be perceptive of anything while they were curious about it all. Like she wanted answers to questions she didn’t even know to ask, and yet she always asked them. it was annoying and I think if the rest of the series stayed in her head I would have been long over them before the end of the next book.  

I know that you have probably already read the book and I find that if this was the first time I read the book or review at that I probably would have been gushing about how great the things was and how it was all put together well making you want to grab a hold of the next book before you’ve really finished this one, and that’s all true, the first glace at this book is great. It is beautiful and should be read, by all. But....
There are things to be annoyed about threw the book, things that may only annoy me because the type of person she is, is annoying to me.

Basically, if you haven’t already read this book, and it’s something you’ve been umming and arring about then pick it up, it’s worth the read, worth the time and effort to have this series come into your life.

Series
City of Bones, City of Ashes, City of Glass, City of Fallen Angels, City of Lost Souls, City of Heavenly Fire
☼☼☼

No comments:

Post a Comment